Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-16T20:56:26Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2402 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Formula for CPU_SUMM in nmon analyzer

‏2012-10-04T16:28:53Z |
I'm trying to write some scripts that'll monitor parts of Nmon output on a daily/weekly basis. For reasons I'm not at liberty to go into, I can't use the nmon analyzer tool for these -- only for the monthly reports. So I'm trying to duplicate the nmon analyzer logic in my scripts.

What formulas does nmon_analyzer use to calculate CPU_SUMM?

(I tried looking at the source code, but what I know about VisualBasic I could write on my thumbnail and have space left over. I quickly got confused.)
Updated on 2012-10-16T20:56:26Z at 2012-10-16T20:56:26Z by SystemAdmin
  • nagger
    nagger
    1635 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Formula for CPU_SUMM in nmon analyzer

‏2012-10-16T20:39:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    It is simply the average of the numbers on the related CPU TABs that get moved to the far right. CPU01 is um CPU number 1!!

Also the Weighted Averages - see the analyser documentation for how that is calculated.

I think you should consider Ganglia and lpar2rrd to do all the stats collecting and maths for you. and present the data online so you don't have to write reports.

thank, Nigel
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2402 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Formula for CPU_SUMM in nmon analyzer

‏2012-10-16T20:56:26Z  in response to nagger
      Thank you, Nigel. That answered my question, although I'd figured it out myself yesterday. :)

In re your Ganglia suggestion: it's an excellent one. I'll have to look into it.