Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-04-23T10:40:42Z by ElinP
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic BMXAA0667E - The value of the changed attribute could not be assigned.

‏2012-10-04T15:48:14Z |
Hi,

When I want to add Attribute to WORKORDER, I'm getting error (on save):

BMXAA0667E - The value of the changed attribute could not be assigned.

Explanation of this message is : There is a problem with the metadata for the object that you were changing or for one of the related objects. (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v49r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.support.mbs.doc%2Fmessages%2FBMXAA0667E.html)

How can I figure out what is wrong with metadata?

Thx!
Updated on 2012-10-05T13:18:44Z at 2012-10-05T13:18:44Z by SystemAdmin
  • maxmix
    maxmix
    83 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: BMXAA0667E - The value of the changed attribute could not be assigned.

‏2012-10-05T06:43:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    for a start check that object you are looking at in maxattribute vs. maxattributecfg. the first table should represent what is physically present in the DB, the second would be the delta you attempt to save in the configur app, which in turn would be created via configdb.

Next the maxobject and maxobjectcfg tables plus the maxsysindices (sp?) need to be checked.

In case you are rather new to the whole topic and do not know what to look for, change your logging level of the SQL Logger to info. Ensure noone else is using your Server instance, then login to your MX, try once again to introduce this field and uppon the error you immediately go check the systemout.log. Chances are, there will be no error logged there, however you may see queries to the tables I mentioned. Go and check w/these first.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5842 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T13:18:44Z  in response to maxmix
      maxmin thanks for reply.

On save I'm getting error in SystemOut.log:

[10/4/12 21:38:04:301 CEST] 0000005e SystemOut     O 04 Oct 2012 21:38:04:301 [ERROR] BMXAA4144E - The date/time format is not valid. psdi.util.MXFormat.stringToDateTime(MXFormat.java:923) psdi.app.configure.ConfigureService.convertToLocale(ConfigureService.java:343) psdi.app.configure.MaxAttributeCfg.getMboValueData(MaxAttributeCfg.java:3391) psdi.app.configure.MaxAttributeCfg.getHashMap(MaxAttributeCfg.java:2046) psdi.app.configure.MaxAttributeCfgSet.getTreeMaps(MaxAttributeCfgSet.java:303) psdi.app.configure.MaxObjectCfg.getHashMaps(MaxObjectCfg.java:1127) psdi.app.configure.MaxObjectCfg.setChanged(MaxObjectCfg.java:1051) psdi.app.configure.MaxObjectCfg.adjustViews(MaxObjectCfg.java:3646) psdi.app.configure.MaxAttributeCfg.appValidate(MaxAttributeCfg.java:1125) psdi.mbo.Mbo.validate(Mbo.java:3905) psdi.mbo.MboSet.validate(MboSet.java:4595) psdi.app.configure.MaxAttributeCfgSet.validate(MaxAttributeCfgSet.java:1540) psdi.app.configure.MaxObjectCfg.appValidate(MaxObjectCfg.java:726) psdi.mbo.Mbo.validate(Mbo.java:3905) psdi.mbo.MboSet.validate(MboSet.java:4595) psdi.mbo.MboSet.validateTransaction(MboSet.java:6960) psdi.txn.MXTransactionImpl.validateTransaction(MXTransactionImpl.java:377) psdi.txn.MXTransactionImpl.saveTransaction(MXTransactionImpl.java:214) psdi.txn.MXTransactionImpl.save(MXTransactionImpl.java:163) psdi.mbo.MboSet.save(MboSet.java:6653) psdi.mbo.MboSet.save(MboSet.java:6594) psdi.webclient.system.beans.AppBean.save(AppBean.java:532)

It seems there is some problem with date/time field and Locale.

What is Maximo trying to do here? What is it trying to convert? some data in table WORKORDER?

In stack trace is method adjustViews. Maybe the problem is with some of views on workorder table?
      Thank you very much!
      • 4YT4_Juha_Latvala
        4YT4_Juha_Latvala
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-04-22T08:00:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi. We had this same problem with SCCD when trying to perform a database configuration on Firefox. The problem was fixed when I went to Firefox settings > Content and changed language from finnish to english/United states [en-us] by moving en-us to the top of the language list. Apparently the dbconfig is trying to parse the user's browser's timeformat into the database, and it can only understand the format in specific syntax. I would say that this is a bug.

• ElinP
          ElinP
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-04-23T10:40:42Z  in response to 4YT4_Juha_Latvala

Hello, there is an APAR for this problem, IV51667, and an IFIX is available for Maximo 7.5.0.5. We had the same problem on a Swedish install of Maximo and were told the workaround was to log in as English language, but we had a Swedish only install so that was not possible.

See this link for more information:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IV51667