Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-08T21:17:00Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9029 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic KeyUp Action Validation and Type Ahead on a Text Input

‏2012-10-04T15:22:07Z |
Hi,

I am trying to run validation script on a Text input field On KeyUp and also use Ajax-Type Ahead on it. They both are not working at Same time.When I Observed the code generated , Both Type-Ahead is also performed on KeyUp. So I tried prepending my script to the Ajax-TypeAhead. But I still have problems with Type-Ahead not working.

Is there any work around for this.

Thanks,
Regards,
Susheel.
Updated on 2012-10-08T21:17:00Z at 2012-10-08T21:17:00Z by SystemAdmin
  • mburati
    mburati
    2552 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: KeyUp Action Validation and Type Ahead on a Text Input

‏2012-10-05T01:14:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    It's hard to say what's happening without seeing it. If I'm reading that correctly you want to have it do both a client side validation and typeahead lookup on every keystroke? Does the validation really need to happen on every keystroke or is there another point (eg, onblur of that input or onfocus of the next input or onsubmit of the form?) that you can do the validation?

If you post a sample (with no confidential info or intellectual property) showing what you're having trouble with, it might make it easier for someone to quickly spot what's wrong with it.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9029 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: KeyUp Action Validation and Type Ahead on a Text Input

‏2012-10-08T21:17:00Z  in response to mburati
      Thank you. We have actually changed the validation to occur after submit.
      Regards,
      Susheel.