Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-05T11:04:57Z by d.parini
d.parini
d.parini
27 Posts

Pinned topic Email connector error

‏2012-10-04T13:13:22Z |
Hi, i'm trying to simply send an email as an action. I have written a minimal event app. It has:
- An event with no connector (i'm triggering it from widget event tester)
- An event object with a single field (a string)
- A business object with a single field (a string)
- An action with email connector enabled
- An action object that is the _Email template
I have an Apache James Server running on localhost. I have verified that it is able to send/receive emails (at least in its own domain).

The connector server connection test says it's all ok. All the action object's fields are initialized to a constant value to keep it simple. CC and CCN are not initialized.

That's all. When i try to have my email delivered i get this on my connectors console:

BEER0618E: Mail reply: (wbe@localhost.it) 501 5.1.7 Syntax error in MAIL command BEER0554E: The result event could not be sent

Attached you have a screenshot.

What could be the cause of this? Which application is used by the connector to send the email?

PS: it doesn't matter if i set reply field, nor to what i set it. The error is always the same.
Updated on 2012-10-05T11:04:57Z at 2012-10-05T11:04:57Z by d.parini
  • d.parini
    d.parini
    27 Posts

Re: Email connector error

‏2012-10-04T14:12:31Z  
    Another information: i tried to use both version 3.0-beta4 and 2.3.2 of Apache James, but i got the same error.
  • d.parini
    d.parini
    27 Posts

‏2012-10-05T11:01:11Z  
    • d.parini
    • ‏2012-10-04T14:12:31Z
    Another information: i tried to use both version 3.0-beta4 and 2.3.2 of Apache James, but i got the same error.
    I managed to reproduce the same error using directly telnet to send an email from my James SMTP server. It seems that some kind of parser in the connector removes the first occurrence of "<">". As a result of this, i get an SMTP server error in my James log:

Error parsing sender address: wbe@localhost.it: did not start and end with

while setting wbe@localhost.it in the proper event designer field. I tried to "trick" that parser by using strings like <<wbe@localhost.it>>, but i just can't get rid of the "kill all the characters past the first occurrence of '>'".

Can someone give me an advice on how to solve this? It seems to me a REALLY BIG issue with the event connectors: wouldn't it be easier simply NOT to parse things that the user puts in that field???
  • d.parini
    d.parini
    27 Posts

‏2012-10-05T11:04:57Z  
    • d.parini
    • ‏2012-10-05T11:01:11Z
    I managed to reproduce the same error using directly telnet to send an email from my James SMTP server. It seems that some kind of parser in the connector removes the first occurrence of "<">". As a result of this, i get an SMTP server error in my James log:
    <pre class="jive-pre"> Error parsing sender address: wbe@localhost.it: did not start and end with </pre>
    while setting wbe@localhost.it in the proper event designer field. I tried to "trick" that parser by using strings like <<wbe@localhost.it>>, but i just can't get rid of the "kill all the characters past the first occurrence of '>'".

Can someone give me an advice on how to solve this? It seems to me a REALLY BIG issue with the event connectors: wouldn't it be easier simply NOT to parse things that the user puts in that field???
    Nice, angular brackets partially wiped out from my post too...
    The log entry was like: Error parsing sender address: wbe@localhost.it: did not start and end with (left and right angular brakets)