• 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-09T09:40:13Z by Taimo
Taimo
Taimo
9 Posts

Pinned topic Looking for the "com.ibm.xtools.uml.ui.diagram" package

‏2012-10-04T10:26:47Z |
Hi all,

I want to use the RSA API, for this I need the com.ibm.xtools.uml.ui.diagram package
(http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsmhelp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.uml.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fapi%2Fumlmodeling%2Fcom%2Fibm%2Fxtools%2Fuml%2Fui%2Fdiagram%2Fpackage-summary.html)

I can't find the package on my PC and can't find it to download. I just found this page:
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/rationalsdp/v75/rsm/751/repository/plugins/

but there are just random packages, which doesn't help.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
Updated on 2012-10-09T09:40:13Z at 2012-10-09T09:40:13Z by Taimo
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Re: Looking for the "com.ibm.xtools.uml.ui.diagram" package

‏2012-10-04T12:29:59Z  
    Hello,

I recommend that you do not pick external plug-ins from the site you referred to. That site should only be used by Installation Manager when installing upgrades.

This package is included in your installation of RSA, provided that you have installed the modeling features (are you able to create Diagrams using the UI?).

If you cannot create diagrams using the UI, then you can go back into IBM Installation Manager, choose Modify, and add features:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsmhelp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.installation.rsm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_plan_install_feature_product.html

I'm assuming that you are creating a plug-in. I would recommend that you try creating the following sample plug-in:

File > New > Project > Examples > RMP > UML Modeler plug-ins > Sample Diagrams

(this exists at least in RSA 8, I have not checked 7.5).

This uses the class com.ibm.xtools.uml.ui.diagram.IUMLDiagramHelper
    Thank you and regards, Lara
  • Taimo
    Taimo
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-04T14:56:03Z  
    Hello,

I recommend that you do not pick external plug-ins from the site you referred to. That site should only be used by Installation Manager when installing upgrades.

This package is included in your installation of RSA, provided that you have installed the modeling features (are you able to create Diagrams using the UI?).

If you cannot create diagrams using the UI, then you can go back into IBM Installation Manager, choose Modify, and add features:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsmhelp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.installation.rsm.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_plan_install_feature_product.html

I'm assuming that you are creating a plug-in. I would recommend that you try creating the following sample plug-in:

File > New > Project > Examples > RMP > UML Modeler plug-ins > Sample Diagrams

(this exists at least in RSA 8, I have not checked 7.5).

This uses the class com.ibm.xtools.uml.ui.diagram.IUMLDiagramHelper
    Hey,

thank you for your answser.

At first it should be a normal Java project, so I want to avoid to creating a plug-in. In RSA 7.5 there is no "RMP" option, but I already tried the plug-in example, but coudln't find the wanted packages. I can create diagrams by using the UI, so it's just a question of importing the package.

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-10-05T06:40:19Z  
    • Taimo
    • ‏2012-10-04T14:56:03Z
    Hey,

thank you for your answser.

At first it should be a normal Java project, so I want to avoid to creating a plug-in. In RSA 7.5 there is no "RMP" option, but I already tried the plug-in example, but coudln't find the wanted packages. I can create diagrams by using the UI, so it's just a question of importing the package.

Thanks
    Hello,

If you do not want to create a plug-in yet, then you can use a Pluglet project and develop a Pluglet inside that. There is a sample Pluglet called Model Enumeration that gives you a starting point, and already has the correct classpath set up.
    In a Pluglet project, there is a pluglet.xml file that lists the dependencies upon other plug-ins.
    However you can run a Pluglet as you would run any Java class, without deploying any plug-in to your installation and without having to launch a second runtime workbench.

For more information:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsasehlp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.pluglets.ui.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_whypluglets.html

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsasehlp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.pluglet.creating.tutorial.doc%2Ftopics%2Fabstract_pluglets.html

• Taimo
    Taimo
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-05T09:45:33Z  
    Hello,

If you do not want to create a plug-in yet, then you can use a Pluglet project and develop a Pluglet inside that. There is a sample Pluglet called Model Enumeration that gives you a starting point, and already has the correct classpath set up.
    In a Pluglet project, there is a pluglet.xml file that lists the dependencies upon other plug-ins.
    However you can run a Pluglet as you would run any Java class, without deploying any plug-in to your installation and without having to launch a second runtime workbench.

For more information:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsasehlp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.pluglets.ui.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_whypluglets.html

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsasehlp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.pluglet.creating.tutorial.doc%2Ftopics%2Fabstract_pluglets.html

Hey Lara,

the pluglet idea sounds good, but I looked the tutorial through and didn't found the "pluglet" option:
    Is there something missing or do you know whether there isn't this option for the 7.5 version?

Then I tried to import the com.ibm.xtools.pluglets.Pluglet package in my existing project like in your link:
    but it didn't work, so it seems that there is no pluglet option.

Taimo
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-10-05T11:25:48Z  
    • Taimo
    • ‏2012-10-05T09:45:33Z
    Hey Lara,

the pluglet idea sounds good, but I looked the tutorial through and didn't found the "pluglet" option:
    Is there something missing or do you know whether there isn't this option for the 7.5 version?

Then I tried to import the com.ibm.xtools.pluglets.Pluglet package in my existing project like in your link:
    but it didn't work, so it seems that there is no pluglet option.

Taimo
    Hello Taimo,

Try to launch IBM Installation Manager, click Modify. Verify that you have selected all these features:

Pluglets
    Modeling Extensibility
    Eclipse Extensibility
    Plug-in Development Environment (PDE)

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsasehlp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.installation.rsase.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_plan_install_feature_product.html

If any are not selected, select then and let IM finish the modification.

After that is complete, you might still have to enable Capabilities in RSA:

Windows->Preferences->General->Capabilities->Enable All

• Taimo
    Taimo
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-08T14:32:30Z  
    Hello Taimo,

Try to launch IBM Installation Manager, click Modify. Verify that you have selected all these features:

Pluglets
    Modeling Extensibility
    Eclipse Extensibility
    Plug-in Development Environment (PDE)

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsasehlp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.installation.rsase.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_plan_install_feature_product.html

If any are not selected, select then and let IM finish the modification.

After that is complete, you might still have to enable Capabilities in RSA:

Windows->Preferences->General->Capabilities->Enable All

Hello Lara,

thank you a lot, it works perfectly!

I have just one problem. I want to use a ClassLoader. It worked as a simple Java Project but didn't work as Pluglet, but I didn't change something. Everytime I get a ClassNotFoundException. Do I have to pay attention on something when I write a Pluglet? It seems that there is a more elegant way to load the classes as a Pluglet with Platform.getWorkbench() but eclipse doesn't recognize this command.

Taimo
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-10-08T15:23:22Z  
    • Taimo
    • ‏2012-10-08T14:32:30Z
    Hello Lara,

thank you a lot, it works perfectly!

I have just one problem. I want to use a ClassLoader. It worked as a simple Java Project but didn't work as Pluglet, but I didn't change something. Everytime I get a ClassNotFoundException. Do I have to pay attention on something when I write a Pluglet? It seems that there is a more elegant way to load the classes as a Pluglet with Platform.getWorkbench() but eclipse doesn't recognize this command.

Taimo
    Hi Taimo,

When you are in a pluglet project you have a file pluglet.xml which allows you to add the dependencies you will need to work with the RSA API.
    Here is how it looks like:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <pluglets>
    <require>
    <import plugin="com.ibm.xtools.pluglets"/>
    <import plugin="com.ibm.xtools.modeler.ui"/>
    </require>
    </pluglets>

When you add <import plugin="com.ibm.xtools.modeler.ui"/>, it should update accordingly the classpath.
    PS: This import is automatically added if you create a new Pluglet, in your Pluglet project, using the UML Modeler-> Model enumeration template.
    I hope this will help you.

Regards
    Francois
  • Taimo
    Taimo
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-08T15:33:44Z  
    Hi Taimo,

When you are in a pluglet project you have a file pluglet.xml which allows you to add the dependencies you will need to work with the RSA API.
    Here is how it looks like:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <pluglets>
    <require>
    <import plugin="com.ibm.xtools.pluglets"/>
    <import plugin="com.ibm.xtools.modeler.ui"/>
    </require>
    </pluglets>

When you add <import plugin="com.ibm.xtools.modeler.ui"/>, it should update accordingly the classpath.
    PS: This import is automatically added if you create a new Pluglet, in your Pluglet project, using the UML Modeler-> Model enumeration template.
    I hope this will help you.

Regards
    Francois
    Hello Francois,

my pluglets.xml is exactly the same like you posted.

Taimo
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-10-08T16:52:02Z  
    • Taimo
    • ‏2012-10-08T15:33:44Z
    Hello Francois,

my pluglets.xml is exactly the same like you posted.

Taimo
    Hi Taimo,

The pluglet dependencies should show you what are the configured libraries for the classpath.
    Could you post the sample code you are trying to run?

Thanks
    Francois
  • Taimo
    Taimo
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-09T09:40:13Z  
    Hi Taimo,

The pluglet dependencies should show you what are the configured libraries for the classpath.
    Could you post the sample code you are trying to run?

Thanks
    Francois

@SuppressWarnings(
    "unchecked") 

public Class klassenLader(File f, String Ordnerstruktur) 

throws ClassNotFoundException, MalformedURLException 
    { URL[] urls = 

null; 

try 
    { URL url = f.toURI().toURL(); urls = 

new URL[] 
    { url 
    }; 
    } 

catch (MalformedURLException e) 
    { e.printStackTrace(); 
    } URLClassLoader ucl = 

new URLClassLoader(urls); Class c = ucl.loadClass(Ordnerstruktur +  f.getName().toString().substring(0, f.getName().toString().indexOf(
    ".")));   
    // line 106 

return c; 
    }

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Package.HelloWorld at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at main.Auslesen.klassenLader(Unknown Source) at main.Auslesen.verzeichnisDurchsuchen(Unknown Source) at main.Auslesen.verzeichnisDurchsuchen(Unknown Source) at main.Auslesen.plugletmain(Unknown Source)

pluglets.xml:

<?xml version=
    "1.0" encoding=
    "UTF-8"?> <pluglets> <require> <

import plugin=
    "com.ibm.xtools.pluglets"/> <

import plugin=
    "com.ibm.xtools.modeler.ui"/> <

import plugin=
    "org.eclipse.core.runtime"/> <

import plugin=
    "org.eclipse.ui.workbench"/> <

import plugin=
    "org.eclipse.jface"/> <

import plugin=
    "org.eclipse.jface.text"/> <

import plugin=
    "org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor"/> </require> </pluglets>

The problem is the line 106. Like I said it works perfectly as a normal Java Project. I didn't change anything so the path (String Ordnerstruktur) and the file (File f) the function gets is not the problem.