• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-12T09:15:20Z by darrengi
darrengi
darrengi
5 Posts

Pinned topic Does RFT support Silverlight 4.0

‏2012-10-04T08:24:27Z |
Hi,

I am using RFT 8.2.2 and i am having problems with recoginizing Silverlight controls. Does RFT support silverlight fully in 8.2.2?

Thanks,
Darren.
Updated on 2012-10-12T09:15:20Z at 2012-10-12T09:15:20Z by darrengi
  • patrick.vanzandt
    patrick.vanzandt
    326 Posts

Re: Does RFT support Silverlight 4.0

‏2012-10-11T21:39:15Z  
    Yes. Reference 702705 Supported domains for functional testing by releases of Rational Functional Tester version 8.2.2 and also the article Silverlight support in the RFT documentation for a list of the the supported Silverlight controls and other related information. If you are encountering a problem testing against a supported control, please submit a PMR with specifics and we will investigate it as a possible defect.

Patrick Van Zandt
    Staff Software Engineer
    Quality Management, Testing, CLM, and Green Hat
    IBM Rational Client Support - Americas
    http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest
  • darrengi
    darrengi
    5 Posts

Re: Does RFT support Silverlight 4.0

‏2012-10-12T09:15:20Z  
    Yes. Reference 702705 Supported domains for functional testing by releases of Rational Functional Tester version 8.2.2 and also the article Silverlight support in the RFT documentation for a list of the the supported Silverlight controls and other related information. If you are encountering a problem testing against a supported control, please submit a PMR with specifics and we will investigate it as a possible defect.

Patrick Van Zandt
    Staff Software Engineer
    Quality Management, Testing, CLM, and Green Hat
    IBM Rational Client Support - Americas
    http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest
    Hi Patrick,

I can see my control is listed as a button class using a non-RFT object inspector. As Silverlight buttons should be supported according to the documentation I think this may be an issue. How do I raise a PMR if I don't have a customer number as an internal employee?

Thanks,
    Darren