Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-10T00:32:40Z by RonCraig
Ewout
Ewout
2 Posts

Pinned topic Problem installing HATS

‏2012-10-04T07:16:25Z |
I'd like to do some experiments with HATS. I have downloaded the software, and I now want to install the product, using IBM Installation Manager. When I click on Install in the startup screen of IBM Installation Manager,
Updated on 2012-10-10T00:32:40Z at 2012-10-10T00:32:40Z by RonCraig
  • Ewout
    Ewout
    2 Posts

Re: Problem installing HATS

‏2012-10-04T07:25:09Z  
    (Oops, I must have clicked a wrong button. The previous message was posted before I finished writing it.)

When I click on Install in the startup screen of IBM Installation Manager, IBM Rational HATS is listed in the list of Installation Packages. So until that point, everything seems fine. However, when I try to select the package, the following message is displayed at the bottom of the screen: 'This package cannot be installed because the user does not have administrator rights or Installation Manager was installed for non-administrator use. Check for other versions to install or use the Installation Manager installed for administrator use.' The same happens when I start IBM Installation Manager with the option Run As Administrator.

I do not remember having had the choice to install IBM Installation Manager for administrator use or for non-administrator use. Furthermore, my user account on my PC is in the Administrators group.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It's a bit frustrating that I can't start my experiments simply because I can't install the package!

Ewout
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1192 Posts

‏2012-10-09T19:50:30Z  
    • Ewout
    • ‏2012-10-04T07:25:09Z
    (Oops, I must have clicked a wrong button. The previous message was posted before I finished writing it.)

When I click on Install in the startup screen of IBM Installation Manager, IBM Rational HATS is listed in the list of Installation Packages. So until that point, everything seems fine. However, when I try to select the package, the following message is displayed at the bottom of the screen: 'This package cannot be installed because the user does not have administrator rights or Installation Manager was installed for non-administrator use. Check for other versions to install or use the Installation Manager installed for administrator use.' The same happens when I start IBM Installation Manager with the option Run As Administrator.

I do not remember having had the choice to install IBM Installation Manager for administrator use or for non-administrator use. Furthermore, my user account on my PC is in the Administrators group.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? It's a bit frustrating that I can't start my experiments simply because I can't install the package!

Ewout
    Do you already have Rational Application Developer (or Business Developer, or WebSphere Integration Developer) installed?
  • RonCraig
    RonCraig
    72 Posts

‏2012-10-10T00:32:40Z  
    Do you already have Rational Application Developer (or Business Developer, or WebSphere Integration Developer) installed?
    After verifying you have the proper prerequisites installed (google hats 8 infocenter), you might consider opening a PMR.
    You'll need to specify your platform... 32- or 64-bit? Which Windows OS? Which version and edition of Windows? What launchpad are you running? There's a launchpad and launchpad64, I think.

Also you might mention "cmvc 40558" if you end up opening a PMR with level 2 support.

Good luck.