Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-30T12:54:58Z by cerelisa
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
172 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TBSM 6.1 Administration event summary chart error

‏2012-10-04T06:06:36Z |
I have installed a server with TBSM 6.1 Data server and one with TBSM 6.1 Dashboard server on which TCR 2.1.1 and TIP 2.2.0.7 where already existing.

When I open the Service Administration page I get the error shown in the attachment.

I have also included the output in the websphere TIPProfile log here:
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: Cant startup the OSGI framework
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:90)
at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.chart.EngineStuff.startEngine(EngineStuff.java:115)
at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.chart.EngineStuff.getReportEngine(EngineStuff.java:157)
at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.chart.ReportDepot.getReportDesignHandle(ReportDepot.java:267)
at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.chart.ReportDepot.getReportDesignHandle(ReportDepot.java:289)
at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.chart.commands.GetChartInfoCommand.runCommand(GetChartInfoCommand.java:96)
at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.ui.common.CommandHandler.handleCommand(CommandHandler.java:158)
at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.chart.TIPChartController.handleInternally(TIPChartController.java:251)
at com.ibm.tivoli.tip.chart.TIPChartController.doGet(TIPChartController.java:209)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:718)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1657)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1597)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:104)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:934)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:179)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:91)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:864)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1583)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305)
at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83)
at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1784)
at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1604)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: Can not start up OSGI - null
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILauncher.java:169)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:78)
... 35 more

Hopefully someone can help in fixing this.

Regards,

Diederik
Updated on 2013-01-30T12:54:58Z at 2013-01-30T12:54:58Z by cerelisa
  • cerelisa
    cerelisa
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TBSM 6.1 Administration event summary chart error

‏2012-10-04T14:48:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Diederik,

Can you please attach the full TIPProfile trace.log here? It would be very helpful for us to see the entire stack trace.

Thanks so much!

Cerelisa Burr
    TBSM Development
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      172 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T13:53:41Z  in response to cerelisa
      Hi Cerelisa,

Here is the complete trace log. I made sure that the osgi related error is there by trying to open the chart again.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Diederik

Attachments

• cerelisa
        cerelisa
        7 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-10T18:21:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi Diederik,

I notice in your trace log that you also have APM installed. We've discovered an issue where the BIRT Charting throws exceptions if you have APM installed along with TBSM. I'll investigate what the resolution is and post back here.

Thanks!

Cerelisa Burr
        TBSM UI Development
        • cerelisa
          cerelisa
          7 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-12T14:45:53Z  in response to cerelisa
          Hi Diederik,

The issue with BIRT charting and APM has already been reported in TIP PMR 71497,082,000. The current workaround is to disable APM, but please refer to that PMR for the latest updates. They were testing a fix, so there may be a patch available.

Regards,
          Cerelisa Burr
          TBSM UI Development
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            172 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-16T13:00:30Z  in response to cerelisa
            Hi Cerelisa,

Thank you very much for providing me with this insight.
            Hope a solution is found soon as we would like to use both in TIP.

Also I would like to let you know that our environment does show this behaviour.
            As we also have a dashboard server without APM which does not show this BIRT Charting issue.
            And we have an environment with TIP 2.2.0.9 and APM 7.6 which also shows this BIRT charting issue.
            But not immediately at first it was working but after some time TIP got stuck and I have to restart the server. After this the BIRT charting issue started there as well.
            I have included the trace log for your reference. The issue with TIP occured somewhere today between 9.00 and 11.00.
            I do know that there is some inconsistency in the LDAP setup here but I'm already working on that ;-)

Can you please let me know when a fix is available? Or perhaps is there a page where I could set an alert to get a notification as soon as a fix is available.
            Regards,

Diederik
            • cerelisa
              cerelisa
              7 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-17T12:33:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Hi Diederik,

I am told that the fix for TIP PMR 71497,082,000 will be included in TIP 2.2.0.11.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Cerelisa Burr
              TBSM Development
              • cerelisa
                cerelisa
                7 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-17T12:51:41Z  in response to cerelisa
                Diederik,

If you can send me your email (cerelisa@us.ibm.com), I can send you the fix from TIP.

Thanks!
                cerelisa
  • cerelisa
    cerelisa
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-30T12:54:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Just to close out this thread, the issue is now resolved. The official fix will be in TIP 2.2.0.11.

Kind regards,
    Cerelisa Burr
    TBSM Development