• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-04T11:32:45Z by MRKB
MRKB
MRKB
9 Posts

Pinned topic OSGi in WebSphere Application Server V8

‏2012-10-04T05:45:43Z |
Team,

I have installed WebSphere Application Server V8 and RAD 8.5. It seems that RAD 8.0.4 doesn't recognize the OSGi when I select the locally installed WebSphere Applicataion Server V8 runtime. Do we have to install the OSGi pack separatly as we do in V7 as feature pack ?
Updated on 2012-10-04T11:32:45Z at 2012-10-04T11:32:45Z by MRKB
  • Emily Jiang
    Emily Jiang
    73 Posts

Re: OSGi in WebSphere Application Server V8

‏2012-10-04T08:54:49Z  
    WebSphere Application Server V8 has OSGi application support. You don't need to install any feature pack. Please elaborate a bit more about what you means that RAD doesn't recognise OSGi applications? Was your OSGi application a valid EBA?

Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Emily
  • MRKB
    MRKB
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-04T11:09:54Z  
    WebSphere Application Server V8 has OSGi application support. You don't need to install any feature pack. Please elaborate a bit more about what you means that RAD doesn't recognise OSGi applications? Was your OSGi application a valid EBA?

Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Emily
    Hi Emily,

Thanks for the response.

I am trying to create a OSGi bundle project for RESTFul service.

In the project creation wizard, under JAX-RS Capabilities->JAS-RS Implementation Library, there is no default User Libraries listed.
    But if I create non OSGI project with REST capabilities, I am able to get the default user libraries including the default REST Servlet
    (Screenshot is attached)

Help is much appreciated.
    Got stuck at this place.

Thanks
    Karthik
  • MRKB
    MRKB
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-04T11:32:16Z  
    • MRKB
    • ‏2012-10-04T11:09:54Z
    Hi Emily,

Thanks for the response.

I am trying to create a OSGi bundle project for RESTFul service.

In the project creation wizard, under JAX-RS Capabilities->JAS-RS Implementation Library, there is no default User Libraries listed.
    But if I create non OSGI project with REST capabilities, I am able to get the default user libraries including the default REST Servlet
    (Screenshot is attached)

Help is much appreciated.
    Got stuck at this place.

Thanks
    Karthik
    Emily and Team,

Thanks for your response.
    I have resolved this issue as follows:

While creating the bundle, selected the Custom->Advanced->Configuration->IBM JAX-RS configuration instead of Default WAS8 Configuration and that works.

Thank you,
    MRKB
  • MRKB
    MRKB
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-04T11:32:45Z  
    Found a solution as described.