• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-05T19:03:38Z by richhock
robbie_hernandez
robbie_hernandez
9 Posts

Pinned topic Difference in No-Error and Active states for monitoring agent

‏2012-10-03T23:05:10Z |
Hi,

My team was curious what is the difference between the No Error and Active state of a customized agent. I'm referring to Tivoli Enterprise Portal. In the custom agent is a navigator workspace called Performance Object Status and if the view is created and the query is also Performance Object Status you can list the current agent's error code. Typically it says No Error but there is also "Active." What is the distinction?
Updated on 2012-10-05T19:03:38Z at 2012-10-05T19:03:38Z by richhock
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6056 Posts

Re: Difference in No-Error and Active states for monitoring agent

‏2012-10-05T18:34:17Z  
    Usually with an attribute that says "No Error" or can change to "Active" means the attribute is "Enumerated". Usually it's an interger value that is returned by the agent for that column which decides what display value to show. For example int 0 = "Active", int 2 = "no Error".

Since this is a 'custom agent' there's a way to see the enumeration values and what they mean. Look in the dockxx (where xx is the unique product code value) which is generated by the Agent Builder you can find the Attribute having the enumeration definitions. You will find the values and meanings listed.

Here's an example:

*ATTR: Status
    *COLUMN: STATUS
    *SHARE: N
    *NULL: N
    *TYPE: I,4
    *ENUM: Success=0
    *ENUM: Failed=1
    *ENUM: In_Progress=2
    *ENUM: Pending=3
    *ENUM: Failed_Retrying=4
    *NLSID: KDY0000
    *ATOMIZE:

In the above example an int 0 returned by the Agent for the Attribute "Status" will show "Success" in the TEP Workspace View.

Hope this helps.
  • richhock
    richhock
    17 Posts

Re: Difference in No-Error and Active states for monitoring agent

‏2012-10-05T19:03:38Z  
    You probably see ACTIVE in a different column than NO_ERROR. You get ACTIVE/INACTIVE in the Object_Status column, while the Error_Code column has a more detailed code about an INACTIVE data provider.