• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-18T12:35:35Z by SystemAdmin
Jacek_Laskowski
Jacek_Laskowski
133 Posts

Pinned topic java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress

‏2012-10-03T22:26:44Z |
Hi,

Right after the server has been up and running, I issued Ctrl+C and java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress was raised. Is this a known issue?

jacek:~/apps/wlp $ ./bin/server run Launching defaultServer (wlp-1.0.0.20120428-1251/websphere-kernel_1.0.0) on OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0-u10-b06-20120906 (en_US) [AUDIT   ] CWWKE0001I: The server defaultServer has been launched. [AUDIT   ] J2CA8004I: The dataSource default-0 is available as jdbc/mysql. [AUDIT   ] J2CA8000I: The jdbcDriver mysqlDriver is available. [AUDIT   ] CWWKZ0058I: Monitoring dropins 

for applications. [AUDIT   ] CWWKT0016I: Web application available (default_host): http:
//localhost:9080/HelloWebBundle/* [AUDIT   ] CWWKZ0001I: Application HelloWebBundle.app started in 4.610 seconds. [AUDIT   ] CWWKF0011I: The server defaultServer is ready to run a smarter planet. ^C[ERROR   ] CWWKZ0010E: An exception occurred 

while stopping the application HelloWebBundle.app. The exception message was: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress [AUDIT   ] CWWKT0017I: Web application removed (default_host): http:
//localhost:9080/HelloWebBundle/* [AUDIT   ] J2CA8001I: The dataSource default-0 is unavailable. [AUDIT   ] J2CA8001I: The jdbcDriver mysqlDriver is unavailable. [ERROR   ] [com.ibm.ws.eba.app.runtime.resource.manager] The deactivate method has thrown an exception Bundle:com.ibm.ws.eba.app.runtime(id=694) java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress [ERROR   ] FrameworkEvent ERROR Bundle:org.apache.aries.blueprint(id=705) org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.BlueprintExtender.stop() of bundle org.apache.aries.blueprint. Event:org.osgi.framework.FrameworkEvent[source=org.apache.aries.blueprint_0.4.1.ibm-s20120308-0347 [705]] [AUDIT   ] CWWKE0036I: The server defaultServer stopped after 1 minutes, 6.471 seconds.

There are 3 new FFDCs in logs directory. Below is an excerpt from one.

Source = com.ibm.ws.eba.app.runtime-1.0.0.20120428-1251 probeid = log-2 Stack Dump = java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress at java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.add(ApplicationShutdownHooks.java:66) at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Runtime.java:209) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage$StateSaver.requestSave(BaseStorage.java:1367) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.requestSave(BaseStorage.java:1188) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage.save(BaseStorage.java:694) at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseData.save(BaseData.java:282) at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BundleUninstall.commit(BundleUninstall.java:59) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.uninstallWorkerPrivileged(AbstractBundle.java:851) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle$4.run(AbstractBundle.java:785) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.uninstallWorker(AbstractBundle.java:809) at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.uninstall(AbstractBundle.java:783) at com.ibm.ws.eba.app.runtime.internal.VirtualResourceManager.deactivate(VirtualResourceManager.java:114) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.invokeMethod(BaseMethod.java:227) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.access$500(BaseMethod.java:38) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod$Resolved.invoke(BaseMethod.java:595) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.BaseMethod.invoke(BaseMethod.java:476) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.helper.ActivateMethod.invoke(ActivateMethod.java:149) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ImmediateComponentManager.disposeImplementationObject(ImmediateComponentManager.java:260) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ImmediateComponentManager.deleteComponent(ImmediateComponentManager.java:135) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$Satisfied.deactivate(AbstractComponentManager.java:1238) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.disposeInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:373) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.dispose(AbstractComponentManager.java:206) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.config.ImmediateComponentHolder.disposeComponents(ImmediateComponentHolder.java:356) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.dispose(BundleComponentActivator.java:307) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.disposeComponents(Activator.java:329) at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.bundleChanged(Activator.java:196) ...

Jacek
Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress

‏2012-10-18T06:59:04Z  
    Hi Jacek,

Did you find any solution to the below query.

I am also getting the same error and FFDC.This is on z/os.

Any info that you can pass on to me will be much appreciated.

TA
    Prashant
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2012-10-18T07:21:48Z  
    Hi Jacek,

Did you find any solution to the below query.

I am also getting the same error and FFDC.This is on z/os.

Any info that you can pass on to me will be much appreciated.

TA
    Prashant
    Hi,

Thank you for your reports. This is a known problem that sometimes occurs during server shutdown. It does not affect the correct operations of the Liberty profile, it just isn't right.

Alasdair
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2012-10-18T07:32:59Z  
    Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for your reply.

As per the techdoc WP102110,we need to 'server start server1' after deploying the ATS servlet.After I start it,the server just does down after 2 min or so.

So I tried 'server run server1' and tried the URL(http://<your_host>:9080/ATS_servlet/SimpleServlet) and I am successful in getting the web page.

I am not sure if this a bug or just an incomplete info in the techdoc.

Thanks
    Prashant
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts

‏2012-10-18T12:35:35Z  
    Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for your reply.

As per the techdoc WP102110,we need to 'server start server1' after deploying the ATS servlet.After I start it,the server just does down after 2 min or so.

So I tried 'server run server1' and tried the URL(http://<your_host>:9080/ATS_servlet/SimpleServlet) and I am successful in getting the web page.

I am not sure if this a bug or just an incomplete info in the techdoc.

Thanks
    Prashant
    Hi, Prashant,
    I just recently went through the techdoc WP102110 and had no issues starting the server on z/OS. You should examine the job logs on SDSF to determine why the server went down. If it's not clear why your server went down, please start a new thread with the details of your scenario.

Thanks,
    Elisa