2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-05T08:29:59Z by Jhonmail
Jhonmail
Jhonmail
27 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Tablet's use in Hats portlet

‏2012-10-03T15:23:58Z |
Hi

I have a 5250 application transformed with hats and deployed in a portal; now, as we would use this Hats portlet with a tablet, when we touch the numerics fields in the tablet, came displayed the alpha keyboard and so, everytime the user need to switch from alpha keyboard to numeric keyboard. Now my questions are:

1- Is it possible to force in the HTML that the numerics fields are rappresented as "<input type='number' value='123' />" ??

2- It there some widget (like calendar) that open a numeric keyboard to input the data ?

3- which other solution i can adopt to solve this problem ?

Thanks all
Updated on 2012-10-05T08:29:59Z at 2012-10-05T08:29:59Z by Jhonmail
  • markboyd
    markboyd
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Tablet's use in Hats portlet

‏2012-10-04T19:51:21Z  in response to Jhonmail
    Hi,
    You will need to do either of the following:

1) Create your transformations so that the numeric input fields update HATS global variables, and have the screen customization enter the global variables on the 5250 screen. This will use a standard html form for the input and you can modify it to include the type='numeric' parameter.

To insert such a field into a HATS transformation, you take the menu option HATS Tools => Insert Global Variable => Prompt for Global Variable with input box.

Of course if you a lot of numeric input fields this might not be realistic. In that case the following would be better, although it is not a trivial.

2) Create a custom widget for numeric input field transformation and have the custom transformation include the type='numeric' as part of the HTML that it generates. This is a Java programming effort. How to create new or modify existing HATS widgets is covered in the programmers guide or Infocenter.
    • Jhonmail
      Jhonmail
      27 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Tablet's use in Hats portlet

‏2012-10-05T08:29:59Z  in response to markboyd
      Hi

i think that the second is surely the better solution but ..... i'm not a java programmer so i'm not able to write a custom widget to do that. It'is difficult write a widget to solve this problem ?? someone (if it is not too much difficulty) could post the code for this widget? excuse me if I ask too much.

Thanks in advance