• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-03T16:50:41Z by DanielWagemann
MrMustard
MrMustard
2 Posts

Pinned topic Error Number 49

‏2012-10-03T15:14:07Z |
Error number -49:

DMS-E-DBACCESS, It was not possible to access the 'CODMSQ_v10' database.
MicrosoftODBC Driver Manager Data source name not found and no default driver specified
I am getting the above error when i am trying to Open a .Imr file via Impromptu, I have Series 7 version 3 on my machine. I googled it and found this solution.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21353285

This is my INI file

Databases
GOS=;LOCAL;OD;DSN=GOScer4@ASYNC=0@0/0
GOV=;LOCAL;OD;DSN=GOVcer4@ASYNC=0@0/0
GODW=;LOCAL;OD;DSN=GODWcer4@ASYNC=0@0/0
GOMR=;LOCAL;OD;DSN=GOMRcer4@ASYNC=0@0/0
IMP_Audit=;LOCAL;OD;DSN=IMP_Audit@ASYNC=0@0/0
OUTDOORS=;LOCAL;DB;C:\Program Files (x86)\Cognos\cer4\samples\Impromptu\database@OEM
AgrisMart=^User ID:^?Password:;LOCAL;OD;DSN=Agris;UID=%s;PWD=%s@ASYNC=0@0/0@COLSEQ=
Procurement=^User ID:^?Password:;LOCAL;OD;DSN=procprod_dsn;UID=%s;PWD=%s@ASYNC=0@0/0@COLSEQ=

CODAMSQ_v10=^User ID:^?Password:;LOCAL;OD;DSN=CODAPROD_v10;UID=%s;PWD=%s@ASYNC=0@0/0@COLSEQ

I was asked to delete this line from the file and reopen it but i still get an error.. what am i doin wrong?

Can someone help?
Updated on 2012-10-03T16:50:41Z at 2012-10-03T16:50:41Z by DanielWagemann
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    411 Posts

Re: Error Number 49

‏2012-10-03T16:48:17Z  
    Its been a while since I have touched Impromptu.

The error tells me that Impromptu cannot access the ODBC data source you have created to your Microsoft Access Database.

The reference to the x86 folder in the ini file tells me you are probably on a 64 bit system.

Since Impromptu is a 32 bit application, it would be looking for an ODBC connection definition within the 32 bit ODBC Administrator.

The Microsoft Site reads:
    A 64-bit version of the Microsoft Windows operating system includes the following versions of the Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Data Source Administrator tool (Odbcad32.exe):
    •The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder.
    •The 64-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\System32 folder.

Launch the Odbcad32.exe from the System32 directory and make sure you have CODAPROD_v10 DSN defined.
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    411 Posts

Re: Error Number 49

‏2012-10-03T16:50:41Z  
    Its been a while since I have touched Impromptu.

The error tells me that Impromptu cannot access the ODBC data source you have created to your Microsoft Access Database.

The reference to the x86 folder in the ini file tells me you are probably on a 64 bit system.

Since Impromptu is a 32 bit application, it would be looking for an ODBC connection definition within the 32 bit ODBC Administrator.

The Microsoft Site reads:
    A 64-bit version of the Microsoft Windows operating system includes the following versions of the Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Data Source Administrator tool (Odbcad32.exe):
    •The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder.
    •The 64-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\System32 folder.

Launch the Odbcad32.exe from the System32 directory and make sure you have CODAPROD_v10 DSN defined.
    "Microsoft Access Database" should just read Database...I think I was on auto pilot.