I am going to implement the ILMT server and client on the customer site.Also i have gone through the prerequisite of installation and configuration of the ILMT docs.There are some questions in mind, still curious to know about it.
1. Is there feature in the ILMT server's web console for ILMT client agents push installation?
2. Should i install the ILMT agent on the both VM host and its client system?
3. Do my customers need to register on the IBM partner world to download the ILMT server and agents software?
Thanks for your concern on this. I really appreciate your input over this.
This topic has been locked.
1 reply Latest Post - 2012-11-12T13:26:50Z by MaksKowalik
Pinned topic Couple of question over ILMT
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-11-12T13:26:50Z at 2012-11-12T13:26:50Z by MaksKowalik
MaksKowalik 270004DCQR78 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Couple of question over ILMT2012-11-12T13:26:50Z in response to ElangoGopalHi,
1. There's no such feature. ILMT only requires a TCP port to be opened for the connections initiated by agent. Later on, when agent has already been deployed on the machine, it has a self upgrade mechanism controlled by the server.
2. It depends on the particular virtualization technology - for HP IVM, Solaris zones and LDOMs it is required. For VMware, Hyper-V and RHEV-M there's a need to configure additional source of data - s.c. VM Manager (the server collects the missing data directly from a virtual machine managers).
3. The customer has to register on:
The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.