• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-05T14:27:37Z by SystemAdmin
HarikaSai
HarikaSai
5 Posts

Pinned topic IBM BPS v8.0 Typical Installation Oracle User Privileges

‏2012-10-03T00:03:33Z |
Hi Team,

I am doing a typical installation of IBM Business process server v8.0 using Oracle as my database.
I created 6 users for

1.Common database.
2.process server database.
3.performance data warehouse database.
4.comon event infrastrucutre bus messaging engine database.
5.service component architecture system bus messaging engine database.
6.service component architecture application bus messaging engine.

According to the IBM info center we can grant all privileges to 6 users.

However, it is a bad design to grant all privileges for a user,especially on a production environment.

Can any one please suggest me which are the minimum required privileges to be granted.

Thanks,
HarikaSai.
Updated on 2012-10-05T14:27:37Z at 2012-10-05T14:27:37Z by SystemAdmin
  • HarikaSai
    HarikaSai
    5 Posts

Re: IBM BPS v8.0 Typical Installation Oracle User Privileges

‏2012-10-03T07:33:07Z  
    Resolved!!

Again I got answer for my self :)

Thanks.
    HarikaSai
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2012-10-03T14:07:04Z  
    • HarikaSai
    • ‏2012-10-03T07:33:07Z
    Resolved!!

Again I got answer for my self :)

Thanks.
    HarikaSai
    Its great that you got it resolved. Event better that you resolved it yourself. For maximum bonus, you might consider posting the solution/answer back to the forum for the next chap that comes along :-)

Neil
  • HarikaSai
    HarikaSai
    5 Posts

‏2012-10-05T01:22:19Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2012-10-03T14:07:04Z
    Its great that you got it resolved. Event better that you resolved it yourself. For maximum bonus, you might consider posting the solution/answer back to the forum for the next chap that comes along :-)

Neil
    The user ID needs the SESSION privilege to connect to the database. If the same user ID owns both the data store schema, and the component that is connecting to the database,the user ID has sufficient privilege to manipulate the tables. Otherwise, the user ID needs SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, ALTER, and DELETE object privileges on the tables that make up the data store, and the DROP ANY TABLE system privilege to enable the use of the TRUNCATE TABLE statement. The user ID also requires the CREATE INDEX privilege.

Done :)

Thanks,
    HarikaSai.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-05T14:27:37Z  
    • HarikaSai
    • ‏2012-10-05T01:22:19Z
    The user ID needs the SESSION privilege to connect to the database. If the same user ID owns both the data store schema, and the component that is connecting to the database,the user ID has sufficient privilege to manipulate the tables. Otherwise, the user ID needs SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, ALTER, and DELETE object privileges on the tables that make up the data store, and the DROP ANY TABLE system privilege to enable the use of the TRUNCATE TABLE statement. The user ID also requires the CREATE INDEX privilege.

Done :)

Thanks,
    HarikaSai.
    Your performance data warehouse user will be creating tables and view as well as modifying them as you create tracking groups and send tracking definitions. You may want to check that use case and modify priveleges appropriately...

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com