Topic
  • 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-05-15T12:02:31Z by AXK6_priyanka_garg
gautam_m_rao
gautam_m_rao
10 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to load Transformation configuration file when accessed as a url

‏2012-10-02T20:01:35Z |
Currently i am using the following approach to perform UML to Java transformation

public void execute(){
try {
URL url= new URL(file:C:/workspace/myConfig.tc);
ITransformConfig config = TransformConfigUtil.loadConfiguration(url);
}
catch (MalformedURLException malURLEx) {
// Handle exception.
}
catch (IOException ioEx) {
// Handle exception.
}
}
This class is being used as an ant task within my build.xml file. The process works well on when the ant script is invoked within RSA. But when the same ant
script is invoked from command line, the config variable returns null, there is no way to figure out what went wrong. I would like to know how to load the configuration file using the loadConfiguration(url) through an ant script being executed through command line. What troubleshooting is required to figure out
what went wrong when the config returns NULL?Any suggestions are welcome as this is a priority.
Updated on 2012-10-22T17:48:39Z at 2012-10-22T17:48:39Z by gautam_m_rao
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Re: Unable to load Transformation configuration file when accessed as a url

‏2012-10-04T12:58:36Z  
    Hello,

Have you tried to use the following supported approach:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsahelp/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.transform.uml2.java5.doc%2Ftopics%2Ftjavaruntrans.html

eclipse -data workspace-path -application com.ibm.xtools.transform.core.transformationRunner
    -transformConfigs "-Rtransformation-configuration-path1,
    -Rtransformation-configuration-path2,..."

The above is the link for RSA 8.5, please verify that the functionality is also available for the version of RSA that you are using.

Thank you and regards, Lara
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-10-04T13:13:10Z  
    Hello,

Have you tried to use the following supported approach:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsahelp/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.xtools.transform.uml2.java5.doc%2Ftopics%2Ftjavaruntrans.html

eclipse -data workspace-path -application com.ibm.xtools.transform.core.transformationRunner
    -transformConfigs "-Rtransformation-configuration-path1,
    -Rtransformation-configuration-path2,..."

The above is the link for RSA 8.5, please verify that the functionality is also available for the version of RSA that you are using.

I'm not sure how you are running the build.xml from the command line. Have you tried to run RSA (eclipse) in headless mode using the AntRunner class:

http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fapi%2Forg%2Feclipse%2Fant%2Fcore%2FAntRunner.html

Here is an example used by another plug-in:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsahelp/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.j2c.doc%2Ftopics%2Ftrunningyourantscript.html

• gautam_m_rao
    gautam_m_rao
    10 Posts

‏2012-10-05T15:44:54Z  
    I'm not sure how you are running the build.xml from the command line. Have you tried to run RSA (eclipse) in headless mode using the AntRunner class:

http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fapi%2Forg%2Feclipse%2Fant%2Fcore%2FAntRunner.html

Here is an example used by another plug-in:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rsahelp/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.j2c.doc%2Ftopics%2Ftrunningyourantscript.html

I am currently using RSA 7.5.4, heres the ant script i use for UML to java transformation by clicking Run as Ant script on RSA.

<target name="mytest">
    <echo>Initiating Transformation from UML to Java using OM_UML_To_Java.tc</echo>
    <taskdef name="umltoJavaTransform" classname="com.ibm.xtools.transform.core.internal.ant.RunTransformation"
    classpath="coreant.jar;D:\IBMShared\plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources_3.4.2.R34x_v20090126.jar;
    D:\SDP75\plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.1.1.jar;
    D:\SDP75\plugins\org.osgi.core-1.0.0.jar;
    D:\SDP75\plugins\osgi-3.3.0-v20070530.jar"/>
    <umltoJavaTransform transformConfig="/MyProject/OM_UML_To_Java.tc" reverse="false"/>
    <echo>Transformation complete...</echo>
    </target>

When run from RSA, the above project works well with the following output
    Buildfile: D:\WS\OM2.6\projects\AntRunnerPlugin\build.xml

mytest:
    echo Initiating Transformation from UML to Java using OM_UML_To_Java.tc
    echo Transformation complete...
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL
    Total time: 26 seconds

Inorder to run ant headless i am using runAnt.bat within D:\SDP75\bin.
    I use the following command
    runant -buildFile D:\SAMPLE\projects\AntRunnerPlugin
    I get the following output

D:\>path=%path%;D:\SDP75\bin

mytest:
    echo D:\

***BUILD FAILED***
    ***D:\projects\AntRunnerPlugin\build.xml:137: The transformation configura***
    ***tion /MyProject/OM_UML_To_Java.tc could not be loaded. The transformat***
    ***ion configuration file /MyProject/OM_UML_To_Java.tc does not exist. Ve***
    ***rify the correct file path was specified.*Total time: 0 seconds**
    **HeadlessWorkspaceSettings: RESTORED autoBuild=true maxFile=1048576**
    **runAnt BUILD FAILED.**D:\>runant -buildfile D:\projects\AntRunnerPlugin\build.xml

The above build fails because it is unable to locate the path to the configuration file which i dont seem to understand why this works on RSA but is unable to locate the path through ANT, what am i dong wrong?

I tried using absolute path , the relative path. I keep getting the same error.Please advice where am i going wrong
    ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-10-05T16:18:55Z  
    I am currently using RSA 7.5.4, heres the ant script i use for UML to java transformation by clicking Run as Ant script on RSA.

<target name="mytest">
    <echo>Initiating Transformation from UML to Java using OM_UML_To_Java.tc</echo>
    <taskdef name="umltoJavaTransform" classname="com.ibm.xtools.transform.core.internal.ant.RunTransformation"
    classpath="coreant.jar;D:\IBMShared\plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources_3.4.2.R34x_v20090126.jar;
    D:\SDP75\plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.1.1.jar;
    D:\SDP75\plugins\org.osgi.core-1.0.0.jar;
    D:\SDP75\plugins\osgi-3.3.0-v20070530.jar"/>
    <umltoJavaTransform transformConfig="/MyProject/OM_UML_To_Java.tc" reverse="false"/>
    <echo>Transformation complete...</echo>
    </target>

When run from RSA, the above project works well with the following output
    Buildfile: D:\WS\OM2.6\projects\AntRunnerPlugin\build.xml

mytest:
    echo Transformation complete...
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL
    Total time: 26 seconds

Inorder to run ant headless i am using runAnt.bat within D:\SDP75\bin.
    I use the following command
    runant -buildFile D:\SAMPLE\projects\AntRunnerPlugin
    I get the following output

D:\>path=%path%;D:\SDP75\bin

mytest:
    echo D:\

***BUILD FAILED***
    ***D:\projects\AntRunnerPlugin\build.xml:137: The transformation configura***
    ***tion /MyProject/OM_UML_To_Java.tc could not be loaded. The transformat***
    ***ion configuration file /MyProject/OM_UML_To_Java.tc does not exist. Ve***
    ***rify the correct file path was specified.*Total time: 0 seconds**
    **HeadlessWorkspaceSettings: RESTORED autoBuild=true maxFile=1048576**
    **runAnt BUILD FAILED.**D:\>runant -buildfile D:\projects\AntRunnerPlugin\build.xml

The above build fails because it is unable to locate the path to the configuration file which i dont seem to understand why this works on RSA but is unable to locate the path through ANT, what am i dong wrong?

I tried using absolute path , the relative path. I keep getting the same error.Please advice where am i going wrong
    ?
    Have you tried using the sample script offered by the online help?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <project name="myProject" default="generate" basedir=".">
    <target name="generate">
    <echo>Running transformation 'myProject/myConfig.tc' ...</echo>
    <com.ibm.xtools.transform.core.runTransformation transformConfig="myProject/myConfig.tc"
    reverse="false"/>
    </target>
    </project>

I notice that in the supplied sample the classpath is redefined, this should be unnecessary and might have side effects.
  • gautam_m_rao
    gautam_m_rao
    10 Posts

‏2012-10-05T17:07:51Z  

<target name="generate">
    <com.ibm.xtools.transform.core.runTransformation transformConfig="myProject/myConfig.tc"
    reverse="false"/>
    </target>
    </project>

I notice that in the supplied sample the classpath is redefined, this should be unnecessary and might have side effects.
    I have tried running the sample ant build you specified , it throws and error taskdef not specified, i still see the ant task being defined in the Tasks tab in Preferences->Ant in RSA. This is the reason i specified it as a separate task definition. Incase you have tried the sample ant script through RSA or command line would appreciate if you let me know where you set the classpath in each case.The underlying .jar file i found for this task is
    core-ant.jar.
  • gautam_m_rao
    gautam_m_rao
    10 Posts

‏2012-10-08T16:03:56Z  

<target name="generate">
    reverse="false"/>
    </target>
    </project>

Hi Lara,
    I successfully ran the above example, but i get exactly the same error even after using the ibm ant task you provided, i have tried the absolute path or relative path. In each case it throws an error - configuration path cannot be found. Do you have any working example or anything where people have actually tried running the transformation on ther command line please help.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-10-09T17:16:22Z  
    Hi Lara,
    I successfully ran the above example, but i get exactly the same error even after using the ibm ant task you provided, i have tried the absolute path or relative path. In each case it throws an error - configuration path cannot be found. Do you have any working example or anything where people have actually tried running the transformation on ther command line please help.
    Hello,

Given this Workspace:

C:\aCases\devWorks\ANTTransform

with a Java project:

C:\aCases\devWorks\ANTTransform\JavaProject

containing this build.xml file:

<target name="generate">

<echo>Running transformation 'Project1/Test.tc' ...</echo>
    <com.ibm.xtools.transform.core.runTransformation transformConfig="Project1/Test.tc"
    reverse="false"/>

</target>

</project>

and a Modeling project Project1 containing the Transformation Configuration:

C:\aCases\devWorks\ANTTransform\Project1\Test.tc

Then I run the following from a command line:

set WORKSPACE=C:\aCases\devWorks\ANTTransform

"C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP8_64\bin\runAnt.bat" -buildfile C:\aCases\devWorks\ANTTransform\JavaProject\build.xml

and this printed:

"C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP8_64\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe" -Dwtp.autotest.noninteractive=true -cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v201
    01122_1400.jar" org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main -install "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP8_64" -application com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ant.RunAnt -data "C:\aCases\devWorks\ANTTransform" -buildfile C:\aCases\dev
    Works\ANTTransform\JavaProject\build.xml
    HeadlessWorkspaceSettings: INITIAL autoBuild=true maxFile=1048576
    HeadlessWorkspaceSettings: TEMP autoBuild=false maxFile=-1
    Buildfile: C:\aCases\devWorks\ANTTransform\JavaProject\build.xml

generate:
    echo Running transformation 'Project1/Test.tc' ...
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
    Total time: 3 seconds
    HeadlessWorkspaceSettings: RESTORED autoBuild=true maxFile=1048576

I hope this helps. Thank you, Lara
  • gautam_m_rao
    gautam_m_rao
    10 Posts

‏2012-10-16T16:04:51Z  
    Hello,

Given this Workspace:

with a Java project:

<target name="generate">

<com.ibm.xtools.transform.core.runTransformation transformConfig="Project1/Test.tc"
    reverse="false"/>

</target>

</project>

"C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP8_64\bin\runAnt.bat" -buildfile C:\aCases\devWorks\ANTTransform\JavaProject\build.xml

and this printed:

"C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP8_64\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe" -Dwtp.autotest.noninteractive=true -cp "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v201
    01122_1400.jar" org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main -install "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP8_64" -application com.ibm.etools.j2ee.ant.RunAnt -data "C:\aCases\devWorks\ANTTransform" -buildfile C:\aCases\dev

generate:
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Hi LAra
    Thanks for your example, my issue was - I had not set the workspace directory correctly in my runAnt.bat. I am able to run the script successfully. I am planning to run this script in an environment where we wont be having RSA.Without starting RSA i was able to run the command line script and do the transformation
  • gautam_m_rao
    gautam_m_rao
    10 Posts

‏2012-10-16T16:13:59Z  
    Hello,

Given this Workspace:

with a Java project:

<target name="generate">

reverse="false"/>

</target>

</project>

and this printed:

generate:
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Hi Lara,
    Would i able to have this example working in a environment without eclipse installed?

Thanks
    Gautam
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-10-17T13:28:26Z  
    Hi Lara,
    Would i able to have this example working in a environment without eclipse installed?

Thanks
    Gautam
    Hello,

The Ant Task to run transformations is developed using the ANT Support in Eclipse/RSA. You can run it in headless mode (the user interface does not show up), but you need to have RSA installed.

For the Java EE specific ANT Tasks, there is a Rational Application Developer Build Utility which is also part of Rational Software Architect for WebSphere, which can be installed separately and can be run without installing the full RAD or RSA for WebSphere. Note that this utility still contains the non-UI parts of the Eclipse infrastructure that are needed by the plug-ins containing the ANT Tasks.
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/guide-rational-build-utility/index.html

There is no such utility for running the RSA Transformations or issuing other RSA (modeling) automation ANT Tasks. If you are interested in such support, please submit a Request for Enhancement in the RFE Community.
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2012-10-17T13:29:26Z  
    Hi Lara,

Thanks
    Gautam
    Hello,

The Ant Task to run transformations is developed using the ANT Support in Eclipse/RSA. You can run it in headless mode (the user interface does not show up), but you need to have RSA installed.

For the Java EE specific ANT Tasks, there is a Rational Application Developer Build Utility which is also part of Rational Software Architect for WebSphere, which can be installed separately and can be run without installing the full RAD or RSA for WebSphere. Note that this utility still contains the non-UI parts of the Eclipse infrastructure that are needed by the plug-ins containing the ANT Tasks.
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/guide-rational-build-utility/index.html

There is no such utility for running the RSA Transformations or issuing other RSA (modeling) automation ANT Tasks. If you are interested in such support, please submit a Request for Enhancement in the RFE Community.

• gautam_m_rao
    gautam_m_rao
    10 Posts

‏2012-10-18T16:43:04Z  
    Hello,

Given this Workspace:

with a Java project:

<target name="generate">

reverse="false"/>

</target>

</project>

and this printed:

generate:
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Hi Thanks for the example, i am able to run it on command line, but i have seen certain instances where the build succeeds but the source files dont get created in the requisite folder as specified in the config .tc file. Could this be a readonly file issue, is there any jvm cleanup we need to do when execute runant headless?
  • gautam_m_rao
    gautam_m_rao
    10 Posts

‏2012-10-22T17:48:39Z  
    Hello,

Hi Lara
    Thanks for your valuable feedback, it has been very useful. Suppose if i put .tc file within normal folders and not eclipse workspaces, can i make my build file still transform the object model to Java, is there a way or a possibility? Your comments would be helpful.
  • AXK6_priyanka_garg
    AXK6_priyanka_garg
    1 Post

‏2018-05-15T12:02:31Z  

Hi,

I am able to run transformationConfiguration from antscript and from commandl;ine both from my local machine. But i need to integrate this thing in server. But issue with me is that we are not having RSA installed on server. Is there any way to run tranformConfig file with out RSA installed??

Please help on this.