Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-05T16:53:09Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1959 Posts

Pinned topic Index Search - Indexable Types Documentation

‏2012-10-02T18:02:05Z |
Does anybody know if there is documentation on the different Indexable Types for the Index Search feature? I have the Index Search built and updating on a regular basis and its working fine, currenlty I only have "Package", "Report", and "Job" selected for Indexable Types. I'm hesitant check more of the options for Indexable Types as I don't know what some of them are(or how resource intensive they are) such as "Part" or "Data Movement" also I'd like to know what's the difference between "Package" and "Package Configuration".
Updated on 2012-10-05T16:53:09Z at 2012-10-05T16:53:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

Re: Index Search - Indexable Types Documentation

‏2012-10-03T09:08:32Z  
    Good question. I would also be very interested in a response to this question and see some documentation.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

Re: Index Search - Indexable Types Documentation

‏2012-10-05T16:53:09Z  
    IBM's answer to my question:

To answer your question, there actually isn't any documentation that exists that conglomerates all the information regarding the indexable types, their function and ressource requirement.
    For the former, I can tell you that 'data movement' indexes specifically for, well, the movement of data (which is useful if you're indexing metadata, so you can track if the data gets moved around). The 'part' type is for report parts; you are able to create separate sections of reports (instead of whole reports themselves) to be published (most usefully) to Business Insight. 'Package' and 'Package Configuration' are for the package and it's configurations, as just indexing the package itself doesn't imply that the configuration is indexed as well.
    As for the latter, unfortunately IBM cannot specify the load or ressource requirement of each of these types because there are too many factors that can influence the indexing. What can be done, however, is to ask for a White Paper, which is a document that development will write (after testing) and explain all the features, their requirements, etc. That being said, it does come with a financial requirement