Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-04T14:15:17Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts

Pinned topic How to run RACMAP command during RACF accounts provisioning by ITIM

‏2012-10-02T07:37:06Z |
Are there any experience regarding how to run RACMAP command during RACF accounts provisioning by means of ITIM adapter?.
Updated on 2012-12-04T14:15:17Z at 2012-12-04T14:15:17Z by SystemAdmin
  • jmdennis
    jmdennis
    52 Posts

Re: How to run RACMAP command during RACF accounts provisioning by ITIM

‏2012-10-02T20:55:03Z  
    You should be able to use the pre-Exec or post-Exec scripting features. I believe the RACF adapter also supports REXX scripting. You'll need to look this up in the documentation that is included with the adapter.

jdennis
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts

‏2012-10-03T07:41:08Z  
    • jmdennis
    • ‏2012-10-02T20:55:03Z
    You should be able to use the pre-Exec or post-Exec scripting features. I believe the RACF adapter also supports REXX scripting. You'll need to look this up in the documentation that is included with the adapter.

jdennis
    Thanks for your answer.

I agree with you, this is the first approach we thought, nevertheless before going ahead we would like to know previous experiencies on this matter.
  • NenadV
    NenadV
    2 Posts

‏2012-12-03T09:32:19Z  
    Thanks for your answer.

I agree with you, this is the first approach we thought, nevertheless before going ahead we would like to know previous experiencies on this matter.
    Hello,

we are facing the same issue - how to automatize RACMAP command - i.e. every time when a new user is created (managed by ITIM) its distributed identity should be mapped.

Any suggestions or experience on that ?
    Regards,
    Nenad
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts

‏2012-12-04T14:15:17Z  
    • NenadV
    • ‏2012-12-03T09:32:19Z
    Hello,

we are facing the same issue - how to automatize RACMAP command - i.e. every time when a new user is created (managed by ITIM) its distributed identity should be mapped.

Any suggestions or experience on that ?
    Regards,
    Nenad
    Our initial approach is to code two subroutines in ITIMEXIT, AFTER the ADD USER condition and BEFORE the DELETE USER condition, nevertheless, neither of them have been implemented already.