Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-02T10:16:19Z by steadye
steadye
steadye
53 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to easily delete a webservice proxy with all attached

‏2012-10-02T07:32:46Z |
What is the easiest way to completely delete a webservice proxy. ?
Including all endpointhandlers and slm policy settings.
Updated on 2012-10-02T10:16:19Z at 2012-10-02T10:16:19Z by steadye
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4379 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to easily delete a webservice proxy with all attached

‏2012-10-02T08:57:43Z  in response to steadye
    This sounds like a question for development systems.
    If so, then the easiest is to have the WSP, all handlers, ... in a seperate domain while doing development.
    Then you could just do a "Reset Domain" in WebGUI "Control Panel->System Control" of that domain.
    (this is the same as deleting and then creating the domain againg from default domain)

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
    • steadye
      steadye
      53 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-02T09:12:22Z  in response to HermannSW
      Hi Hermann,

Sometimes there are obsolete services on production environments which are not used anymore or replaced by other webservices.
      I like to sanatize the configuration to keep it clean and not have disabled webservices or webservices which are down on a production box..
      So resetting a domain is not an option ;)

Of course I can delete all objects by hand, But I often discover a lot of leftovers which are not directly visible in the objects menu's.
      I think for the performance of the boxes and the operational status its best to keep the config and stores as clean as possible.
      • HermannSW
        HermannSW
        4379 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-02T09:37:25Z  in response to steadye
        Hi Eddie,

>
        > Sometimes there are obsolete services on production environments which are not used anymore or replaced by other webservices.
        > I like to sanatize the configuration to keep it clean and not have disabled webservices or webservices which are down on a production box..
        >
        good.

> So resetting a domain is not an option ;)
        >
        OK.

> Of course I can delete all objects by hand, But I often discover a lot of leftovers which are not directly visible in the objects menu's.
        >
        See below on how you can identify leftovers.

> I think for the performance of the boxes and the operational status its best to keep the config and stores as clean as possible.
        >
        Clean is good, but I doubt that performance is affected by unused configured objects.

On DataPower WebGUI there is a cool tool to identify leftovers (and other warnings).
        Its the "Conformance Validator" you can open from any service.
        You can do conformance validation for any single service, for all services of a given Object Type or for all services (of a domain).

By default the two "WS-I..." are in the right "Confomance Validators to run" top right window.
        Move them to the left window, and then move "DataPower Configuration Profiler" to the right.
        Then select "Object Type" and "Object Name" and click on "Validate".

In below screenshot you see warnings and informational messages.
        Some are on "Configuration is defined but not referenced" which you have to delete manually.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
        • steadye
          steadye
          53 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-02T10:16:19Z  in response to HermannSW
          Even with conformance validator it does not find all attached items.

What it did not find was for example:

ws-proxy end point rewrite
          ws-proxy processing policy
          some ws-proxy precessing rules

Policy attachement
          process actions slm actions.

I still find it strange that, with a delete of a specific ws-proxy service the rewrite rules etc. are not deleted.
          Now you have to delete on several spots in the gui. And you easily missing something.

thx.