Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-10-02T23:16:25Z by dips82
dips82
dips82
66 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Explicit Login Filter - WebService Invocation Issue

‏2012-10-02T02:16:18Z |
1. I have implemented an explicit login filter. The filter class is part of a J2EE1.5 web project. The web project is packaged in a EAR file. The EAR file is deployed in portal server.
2. I am calling a web service from the login filter class. The web service client is written using JAX-WS API and the web service client jar file is also part of the EAR file.
3. Now when my login filter class calls the web service we are getting an Unmarshaller exception. Following is the stacktrace of the exception.

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException:
javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
- with linked exception:
[javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException:
unexpected element
(uri:"http://xxxxxxxxxxx.jaxws.services
.wsaddressing.xxx.xxxxxxxx/",
local:"performEPR2005VoidResponse").
Expected elements are (none)]
4. Interesting thing is I have written a servlet in the same web project where I have my explicit login filter class. If I call the same web service from the servlet the web service is working absolutely fine. I have a portlet WAR file also packaged within the same EAR file. If I call the same web service from the portlet it also works absolutely fine. However if I call the web service from the login filter class I am getting the exception as above.
5. If I keep the web service JAR file as shared app in portal server then only the web service invocation from filter class working.
6. However my project requirement is the web service JAR should also be part of the EAR file. So I need a solution of this problem.

Has anybody faced this type of strange problem before? Any suggestion/solution from anybody? Tried with JAX-RPC API also but faced a different exception. Don't know why web service invocaion fails from the filter class whereas a servlet sitting in the same web project as the filter can successfully make web service call.
Updated on 2012-10-02T23:16:25Z at 2012-10-02T23:16:25Z by dips82
  • dips82
    dips82
    66 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Explicit Login Filter - WebService Invocation Issue

‏2012-10-02T23:16:25Z  in response to dips82
    Hi Sven,

Do you have any idea about this problem? Thanks in advance.