Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-15T15:24:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
773 Posts

Pinned topic Is there an API for Answered / Unanswered Questions?

‏2012-10-01T19:13:24Z |
I'd like to determine is there is an API or some other programmatic way I can tell if a forum post has been answered besides having to manually view the post and examine it for the answered icon. Is there a away to do this? For example, if I happen to be a team lead or manager of a tech support team and I wan tto provide folks with a report of answered unanswered questions, how would I go about it? Thanks!
Updated on 2012-10-15T15:24:02Z at 2012-10-15T15:24:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • JAntley
    JAntley
    130 Posts

Re: Is there an API for Answered / Unanswered Questions?

‏2012-10-05T19:05:56Z  
    Hi Kelley,

developerWorks will be upgrading our installation of IBM Connections in 1Q 2013, which will end our use of Jive forums (the current forum). We will research the forum administrative capability of the new version to see if a group would be allowed to do this in some fashion.

Jeff Antley
    developerWorks Feedback Team
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts

Re: Is there an API for Answered / Unanswered Questions?

‏2012-10-15T15:24:02Z  
    • JAntley
    • ‏2012-10-05T19:05:56Z
    Hi Kelley,

developerWorks will be upgrading our installation of IBM Connections in 1Q 2013, which will end our use of Jive forums (the current forum). We will research the forum administrative capability of the new version to see if a group would be allowed to do this in some fashion.

Jeff Antley
    developerWorks Feedback Team
    Jeff,
    Thanks for the reply and the timeframe. This is definitely something my workstream would be interested in because we're looking to use answered forum posts as a way to promote technical content as relevant to our clients. We'd also be interested if there is a way to programmatically capture search terms as well - what clients were looking for in the forums as a means to promote that kind of content to them. Thanks! We'll stay tuned.
    Kelley