Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-09T09:28:02Z by vishalendu
Rajeshavanthi
Rajeshavanthi
112 Posts

Pinned topic RPT support for XML firing of load onto JMS queues (JBOSS)

‏2012-10-01T11:09:29Z |
We have a requirement to apply load on JBOSS server via IBM RPT (v8.2).
There is no GUI (or application) access available. So we can not opt for recording option.

We have decided to apply load directly on JMS queues of JBOSS servers. That means we need to fire XMLs (load) on JMS queues by using IBM RPT.

So my question is what protocol and what method can be use to achieve this objective?
Thanks in advance
Updated on 2012-10-09T09:28:02Z at 2012-10-09T09:28:02Z by vishalendu
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5507 Posts

Re: RPT support for XML firing of load onto JMS queues (JBOSS)

‏2012-10-01T12:03:18Z  
    Hi
    SOA protocol propose a JMS transport feature that allow to send and receive XML messages over a JMS queue ( The GSC, generic service client, can be used to do the recording in this context ).
    Thank you.
  • RobertoFdez
    RobertoFdez
    50 Posts

‏2012-10-01T13:49:38Z  
    I think you will need an additional license for this purpose (SOA license)
  • vishalendu
    vishalendu
    57 Posts

‏2012-10-03T07:45:52Z  
    Hi,

I have been using simple JMS messaging java code to send messages to weblogic/jboss JMS. I believe you can just add custom code with the proper JMS Sender code, along with proper JMS client jars in the classpath. This should help you send messages to the JMS Queue/Topic.

However, I dont see any actual value add in using RPT for loading JMS, as this can be done using a multi-threaded java code as well.

Hope this helps,
    Vishalendu
  • Rajeshavanthi
    Rajeshavanthi
    112 Posts

‏2012-10-09T07:20:24Z  
    Hi,

I have been using simple JMS messaging java code to send messages to weblogic/jboss JMS. I believe you can just add custom code with the proper JMS Sender code, along with proper JMS client jars in the classpath. This should help you send messages to the JMS Queue/Topic.

However, I dont see any actual value add in using RPT for loading JMS, as this can be done using a multi-threaded java code as well.

Hope this helps,
    Vishalendu
    Hi

I have a JAVA code which can fire XMLs to JMS queues but this code requires certain files (below list) to be imported. While I mentioned
    those import commands (like below), RPT throws an error. what does this error mean here ?
    Also there is no jar files I have stored. Also there is no jar files that I have stored. Can you tell me where exactly and what jar files needs to be saved?
    import javax.jms.Queue;

import javax.jms.Session;

import javax.jms.TextMessage;

import javax.jms.QueueSender;

import javax.jms.DeliveryMode;

import javax.jms.QueueSession;

import javax.jms.QueueConnection;

import javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory;

Error: The import javax.jms cannot be resolved

<create class 'Queue' in package javax.jms>
    Thanks in advance
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5507 Posts

‏2012-10-09T08:14:55Z  
    Hi

I have a JAVA code which can fire XMLs to JMS queues but this code requires certain files (below list) to be imported. While I mentioned
    those import commands (like below), RPT throws an error. what does this error mean here ?
    Also there is no jar files I have stored. Also there is no jar files that I have stored. Can you tell me where exactly and what jar files needs to be saved?
    import javax.jms.Queue;

Thanks in advance
    Hi
    It sounds like the project that contains this custom code do not contains the jms jars so that it compiles. To have this working the project and its classpath should be updated to contain the required jars ( jms specification and implementation too ).
    Thank you.
  • vishalendu
    vishalendu
    57 Posts

‏2012-10-09T09:28:02Z  
    Hi

import javax.jms.Queue;

Thanks in advance
    Hi,

WARNING: Please don't consider this as reference for RPT as this is purely based on personal experience.

Following are the jar files which I have tested with JBoss 5.1 jms connectivity:
    javassist.jar
    jboss-aop-client.jar
    jboss-common-core.jar
    jboss-javaee.jar
    jboss-logging-log4j.jar
    jboss-logging-spi.jar
    jboss-mdr.jar
    jboss-messaging-client.jar
    jboss-remoting.jar
    jboss-serialization.jar
    jnp-client.jar
    log4j-1.2.15.jar
    trove.jar

These jar files can be found under:
    <INSTALL_DIR>\jboss-eap-5.1\jboss-as\client

The custom code will not compile without these jars in the classpath for the project.

NOTE: We were able to connect to JBoss 5.1 jms when connecting through single RPT script, however when this script was put in a schedule, it failed. So far we have only been able to connect to Weblogic jms through both single script and schedule.

I would however like to repeat what I said earlier, that I dont see any advantage in generating load for JMS using RPT, we can easily do this using jms messaging java code with multi-threading.

Thanks,
    Vishalendu