• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-01T15:07:25Z by GauravM17
GauravM17
GauravM17
9 Posts

Pinned topic Cognos 10.1 Transformer Error

‏2012-09-28T16:45:16Z |
Hi All,

I am trying to create a cube in Cognos 10.2 transformaer and keep getting error message "TR2763 - All Dimension have no measure assocaited with them..."

I am using the package as a data source and my model is very simple with two tables DimCusomter and FactFicance

DimCustomer
CustomerKey
CusstomerID
CustomerName

FactFincane
CustomerKey
InvoicedAmt

I am not sure why I do get this error? I am able to use the package without any problem in the Report and Query studio which confirms that there is no missing relationship between the fact and the dimension table.

Please help on this annoying issue...
Updated on 2012-10-01T15:07:25Z at 2012-10-01T15:07:25Z by GauravM17
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

Re: Cognos 10.1 Transformer Error

‏2012-09-29T03:15:37Z  
    The Transformer model needs a common data item to link multiple queries or data sources which are being used to define the model structure and measures. The common data item must be included in one of the levels of a dimension for the link to be established. Simply having the same data item name in the data sources is not enough to establish the relationship.

Unfortunately, there isn't enough information on how you have structured your transformer data sources or the dimensions and measures in the model. If you could post the actual Transformer model file it would be easier to help you.
  • GauravM17
    GauravM17
    9 Posts

‏2012-09-29T04:57:44Z  
    The Transformer model needs a common data item to link multiple queries or data sources which are being used to define the model structure and measures. The common data item must be included in one of the levels of a dimension for the link to be established. Simply having the same data item name in the data sources is not enough to establish the relationship.

Unfortunately, there isn't enough information on how you have structured your transformer data sources or the dimensions and measures in the model. If you could post the actual Transformer model file it would be easier to help you.
    Hi Phil,

Appreciate for helping me on this. I have attached the transformer model file for your refrence. I have a DateKey column common the Dimension and Fact table data sources. The DateKey column is just for joining purpose and users need not to see this.

Please have a look and let me know your thoughts on this.

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

‏2012-09-30T07:44:24Z  
    • GauravM17
    • ‏2012-09-29T04:57:44Z
    Hi Phil,

Appreciate for helping me on this. I have attached the transformer model file for your refrence. I have a DateKey column common the Dimension and Fact table data sources. The DateKey column is just for joining purpose and users need not to see this.

Please have a look and let me know your thoughts on this.
    As I mentioned in my last message, if you haven't used the common key in a dimension then there is no relationship established between the data sources. This is exactly the scenario in your model. Your options are:
    1. Add the day level to your time dimension and use the DateKey column in some way in the actual dimension.
    2. Modify the fact query so that the data is retrieved at the month level along with the month key.

On a side note, you should look at restructuring your time dimension to use a date key instead of the caption value. Also, you should be creating a Time dimension; currently the dimension you have called "Date" is a regular dimension. Creating a Time type of dimension will allow you to create relative time categories (a major positive feature for using Transformer).

Fundamentally though, it looks like you might benefit from one of the courses offered by IBM for dimensional modelling. The following course goes into some significant detail on how to use Transformer and at this point it looks like this would be quite useful.

http://www-304.ibm.com/jct03001c/services/learning/ites.wss/us/en?pageType=course_description&courseCode=B5282
  • GauravM17
    GauravM17
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-01T15:07:25Z  
    As I mentioned in my last message, if you haven't used the common key in a dimension then there is no relationship established between the data sources. This is exactly the scenario in your model. Your options are:
    1. Add the day level to your time dimension and use the DateKey column in some way in the actual dimension.
    2. Modify the fact query so that the data is retrieved at the month level along with the month key.

On a side note, you should look at restructuring your time dimension to use a date key instead of the caption value. Also, you should be creating a Time dimension; currently the dimension you have called "Date" is a regular dimension. Creating a Time type of dimension will allow you to create relative time categories (a major positive feature for using Transformer).

Fundamentally though, it looks like you might benefit from one of the courses offered by IBM for dimensional modelling. The following course goes into some significant detail on how to use Transformer and at this point it looks like this would be quite useful.

http://www-304.ibm.com/jct03001c/services/learning/ites.wss/us/en?pageType=course_description&courseCode=B5282
    Thanks Phil for your response on this. Now I am able to understand what was the probelm and able to build the cube now.

I sincerely appreciate for your help on this.