Topic
  • No replies
ccanul@us.ibm.com
ccanul@us.ibm.com
1 Post

Pinned topic V7000 with ProtecTIER TS7650G v3.2.1 reported quorum disk size HELP!

‏2012-09-28T14:24:17Z |
Hello,

I created (as per the PT and IBM Storage Redbook) on a V7000 a 1 GB Quorum vDisk to be used for ProtecTIER (TS7650 Cluster using V7000 Storage) First, I created a "Metadata" Array using 8 600 GB SAS drives (4x4), RAID10 Balanced - again as per the Redbook. I put the Array in a MD_pool and then used the CLI to create a sequential type volume specififying 1000 MB as the size in the command as the Redbook instructs. Lastly I zoned and presented the volume. When the underlying server views the size of the volume it reports 1000 MB.... HOWEVER, in v3.2.1 of ProtecTIER, the appliaction only sees a volume of around 600 MB. What gives?

The Array is of sufficient capacity so that when it was created, there were well beyond enough free extents to create a FULL 1 G.B. volume on this Array - even if it was also used as a quorum drive for the V7000 controllers. It looks to me like an issue within the v3.2.1 application, especially since the underlying Server reports it is a 1 GB volume. Help please!!!!!!