Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-18T12:51:17Z by cemal23
cemal23
cemal23
14 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic how to deploy customizations via java web start

‏2012-09-28T10:02:17Z |
I can't deploy my customized CICS SM perspective to the client workstations.
I make my customizations on C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ExplorerWebStart\CICS_Explorer\cicsexplorer.exe then i run BuildWebStart.cmd.

When i run http://tekbsnd1/explorerwebstart/launch.jnlp on the workstation i can't see my customized perspectives. Default SM Administration perspective appears. I've got the error messages below
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No repository found at jar:file:/D:/Profiles/CemalCel/.cicsexplorerjws/CICS_Explorer/dropins/explorer_webstart.jar!/.
Updated on 2012-10-18T12:51:17Z at 2012-10-18T12:51:17Z by cemal23
  • cemal23
    cemal23
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: how to deploy customizations via java web start

‏2012-10-16T13:36:18Z  in response to cemal23
    Hello,

I've customized the default cicsSM perspective then deployed it for the users. Users have my customized perspective which is good. However thet are able to customize that perspective by right click. Is there any way to unable customization for them ?

Regards
    • SteveBolton
      SteveBolton
      18 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-17T08:29:28Z  in response to cemal23
      Hi Cemal

Sorry, no we don't provide a way to lock down perspectives at present.

Why do you want to lock it down? Do you think the users will get confused or do you want to prevent them accessing certain features of explorer, for example?

Thanks
      Steve Bolton, CICS Explorer Development.
      • cemal23
        cemal23
        14 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-18T12:51:17Z  in response to SteveBolton
        Hi Steve,
        Actually both of them :) Our application developers only need to see some specific information such as daily use count of transactions and programs. which cics region runs their transactions...
        So i've customized the default perspective in that way. However, They are able to customize it. Locking down the perspectives would be a nice capability for us.