• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-08T18:03:27Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts

Pinned topic Data Studio Web Console on AIX - not showing db stats

‏2012-09-27T17:45:56Z |
Hello all,
I need some help with my IBM DSWC 3.1.1 installed on AIX.
I´ve added 5 databases to monitoring, and left all monitors using default values except the monitor "tablespace utilization" for database "BAAN". I´ve set the warning threshold to 30 percent of utilized space, just to force the monitor to alarm.
But after a while I still don´t see the results in the "Health Summary" table.
Attached file 1 shows the Health Summary almost "blank".
Attached file 2 shows the "30%" threshold setted up.
I confirm that I do have tablespaces over 30% for the "BAAN" DB.
Why I only see the "green" status over the Database Availability column ? In my mind I should be able to see other green or yellow status.

Additional info : If I move to Tablespaces Dashboard, I see all info for tablespaces except the actual size/total size of them.

Thanks.
Eduardo Pimenta
cadu@uol.com.br
Updated on 2012-10-08T18:03:27Z at 2012-10-08T18:03:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

Re: Data Studio Web Console on AIX - not showing db stats

‏2012-09-28T18:09:51Z  
    Hi,
    The reason you do not see any alerts for your Table spaces is because they are probably AUTORESIZE/AUTOMATIC STORAGE table spaces. Web Console will generate an alert only if table spaces are not AUTORESIZE or if they are AUTORESIZE then the MAXSIZE is set to value -1. Hence on the Current Table spaces dashboard, you will see -- for the utilization column.
    Dimple
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2012-10-08T12:12:44Z  
    Hi,
    The reason you do not see any alerts for your Table spaces is because they are probably AUTORESIZE/AUTOMATIC STORAGE table spaces. Web Console will generate an alert only if table spaces are not AUTORESIZE or if they are AUTORESIZE then the MAXSIZE is set to value -1. Hence on the Current Table spaces dashboard, you will see -- for the utilization column.
    Dimple
    You´re right. Most of my tablespaces are AS and/or AR.
    But in my opinion IBM should change this behavior or DSWC will become useless as new tools arrives.

Thanks !

Carlos Eduardo Pimenta
    cadu@uol.com.br
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2012-10-08T17:42:13Z  
    You´re right. Most of my tablespaces are AS and/or AR.
    But in my opinion IBM should change this behavior or DSWC will become useless as new tools arrives.

Thanks !

Carlos Eduardo Pimenta
    cadu@uol.com.br
    Hi,
    Due to the nature AS or AR, it would be incorrect for DSWC to generate alerts if there is no MAXSIZE since the auto resizing would be happening. In fact this was raised as a defect in the releases before we had this fix. People were surprised to see alerts for AS/AR table spaces. If you set the MAXSIZE for these table spaces, the alerts will be generated.

Thanks.
    Dimple
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2012-10-08T18:03:27Z  
    Hi,
    Due to the nature AS or AR, it would be incorrect for DSWC to generate alerts if there is no MAXSIZE since the auto resizing would be happening. In fact this was raised as a defect in the releases before we had this fix. People were surprised to see alerts for AS/AR table spaces. If you set the MAXSIZE for these table spaces, the alerts will be generated.

Thanks.
    Dimple
    Great Info.
    Thanks again.