Trying to determine causes for a failed GIM install. Thoughts, questions, or experiences are welcome.
- Multiple failed attempts with GIM install
- Received cert error initially
- Verified certificates on Collector
- Installation populates
- no central_logger.log found
- Verified disk space
- Verified <collector>:8081 connectivity
- Verified local port 8081
- Reinstalled perl after binary appeared zero length
This topic has been locked.
7 replies Latest Post - 2013-01-22T03:23:20Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic GIM install failure
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-01-22T03:23:20Z at 2013-01-22T03:23:20Z by SystemAdmin
Re: GIM install failure2012-09-28T08:20:11Z in response to SystemAdminHi, may I know what is your OS type and version? What is your GIM version? I believe you are using "root" for installation, right? Is your Perl version 5.8 and above? Do you have CRON enable? Which GIM installer file are you using?
Re: GIM install failure2012-10-08T12:48:26Z in response to SystemAdminOS = AIX 6.1
Perl = 5.8
Cron = enabled
GIM Installer = latest (Downloaded multiple times)
Of two (similar) systems one installed cleanly and is operational while the other fails consistently.
Re: GIM install failure2012-11-21T05:48:00Z in response to SystemAdminHi,
i m also trying but get same error.. please help ..
also please someone can give log foormats and samples of all tyeps of logs that are generated by guardium...
thanks in advance!!!
bvingenieros 270003HVFW21 Posts
Re: GIM install failure2013-01-22T03:23:20Z in response to SystemAdminAs a wrap-up to this thread I'm posting its resolution.
Unable to install GIM. Presented with multiple issues that were "nonsensical" as a result of multiple attempts
Attempts to fix:
- Uninstall/Reinstall, multiple attempts
- Long time open PMR for assistance, no resolution
- Checked all filesystems for any corruption - Determined this was the case
- Took system to single-user mode, 'fsck -y' all filesystems
- Uninstalled and reinstalled successfully
- Installed modules (STAP, Discovery) successfully
- When nothing else works, check for filesystem corruption or perhaps check it first