Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-23T09:11:55Z by SystemAdmin
landon_ashes
landon_ashes
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Future of Web Services

‏2012-09-27T14:37:03Z |
I want to know what are the possible Future research areas Regarding "Web Services" and in what direction "Web Services" are moving. I am not talking about "Microsoft Web Services". I am talking about "Web Services" in general. I did google but what ever i found was like couple of years old and obsolete. couldnt get any direction from IEEE too. Plz some expert of this line should guide me. I will be obliged like anything.

Thanks in Advance.
Updated on 2013-03-23T09:11:55Z at 2013-03-23T09:11:55Z by SystemAdmin
  • MKJT_Michael_Oliver
    MKJT_Michael_Oliver
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Future of Web Services

‏2012-12-18T01:42:07Z  in response to landon_ashes
    Part of the problem is the "future of Web Services" is too broad. To answer that question well, will take a long time and effort.

Let me just say that Web Services like REST, SOAP, JMS are not going away anytime soon.

Some things to watch and search on the web are

REST JSON or XML?
    SOAP for industry

I would add that REST is the trend for GUI and SOAP will be around a long time for exposing Web Services to outside organizations.

Some IBM products to research

DataPower Appliance
    MessageBroker
    WebSphere MQ
    WebSphere ESB
    WebSphere Registry Reposotiry

Lastly try drilling down from DeveloperWorks and other IBM SOA / Web Serivcs content such as http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/en/business-services/soa-vision-and-roadmap.html
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1009 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Future of Web Services

‏2013-03-23T09:11:55Z  in response to landon_ashes
    Really web service future is will be good, like seo web services, SEO work is evergreen never be down. so i think SEO industries is so good.