Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-16T15:28:05Z by BarbaraHampson
JamesElsey
JamesElsey
58 Posts

Pinned topic worklight-ant.jar - failed copying nativeResources to native project

‏2012-09-27T10:29:49Z |
Hi,

I'm attempting to build my WL application from the command line on a mac, using the 5.0.0.3 worklight-ant.jar, but I get this error :

buildApplications:
echo Building application

BUILD FAILED
/Users/Macmini/.jenkins/jobs/SmartConfWorklight/workspace/build.xml:21: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/Macmini/.jenkins/jobs/SmartConfWorklight/workspace/build.xml:25: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/Macmini/.jenkins/jobs/SmartConfWorklight/workspace/build.xml:92: Failed building application: Failed copying nativeResources to native project (android)

I'm not sure why this is happening, both the native and nativeResources directories exist.

This is a second mac that I'm trying to run the build on (setting up a Mac CI box), I can run the build fine from my first mac. I don't seem to recall the need to modify any permissions..I've literally just checked the source code out from my repository and tried to execute the build script.

(I don't have worklight studio installed on this new machine, does the worklight-ant.jar require it?)

Any hints?
  • JamesElsey
    JamesElsey
    58 Posts

Re: worklight-ant.jar - failed copying nativeResources to native project

‏2012-09-27T11:09:21Z  
    This is the ant target that I'm using :

<app-builder
    applicationFolder="./apps/SmartConf"
    nativeProjectPrefix="SmartConf"
    outputfolder="./bin"/>

If I set environments="common" it will build OK.

However if I try to build the android, iphone, or just leave that parameter blank, I get the above error.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

‏2012-09-27T13:02:40Z  
    I can't answer your specific question, but I am opening a serviceability defect because I have been bitten by the vagueness of this message before as well -- it would be useful if we would say what we are trying to copy where. I have run into it when importing projects from SVN that didn't actually physically exist in my studio workspace -- clearly that's not your issue since you don't have studio.
  • JamesElsey
    JamesElsey
    58 Posts

‏2012-09-27T13:49:59Z  
    I can't answer your specific question, but I am opening a serviceability defect because I have been bitten by the vagueness of this message before as well -- it would be useful if we would say what we are trying to copy where. I have run into it when importing projects from SVN that didn't actually physically exist in my studio workspace -- clearly that's not your issue since you don't have studio.
    Got it.

If you run the ant command like : ant myTarget -v -l mylog.log

-v being verbose (more details)
    -l directing output to a log

Then sift through the log...

I found that it couldn't delete .svn/wc-allprop as it only had read permissions on it, so the root cause was "permission denied"

Tweaking my jenkins installation to use Subversion 1.7 and doing a fresh checkout fixed the issue for me, since 1.7 doesn't use the .svn structure for working copies.

But I agree NellG, the message could be a little more descriptive :)

Hope this helps someone else out in the future..
  • clivejefferies
    clivejefferies
    15 Posts

‏2013-04-16T08:41:47Z  
    Got it.

If you run the ant command like : ant myTarget -v -l mylog.log

-v being verbose (more details)
    -l directing output to a log

Then sift through the log...

I found that it couldn't delete .svn/wc-allprop as it only had read permissions on it, so the root cause was "permission denied"

Tweaking my jenkins installation to use Subversion 1.7 and doing a fresh checkout fixed the issue for me, since 1.7 doesn't use the .svn structure for working copies.

But I agree NellG, the message could be a little more descriptive :)

Hope this helps someone else out in the future..

This post saved my hair from being pulled out too far. Thank you very much.

• BarbaraHampson
    BarbaraHampson
    1 Post

‏2013-04-16T15:28:05Z  

This post saved my hair from being pulled out too far. Thank you very much.

Hi All, We are still using stackoverflow.com for forum posts. It provides a consolidated forum for external use. Please continue posting there. Thanks.