• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-02T18:23:42Z by dgowda
you123
you123
6 Posts

Pinned topic Notification mail when resource status is '1'

‏2012-09-26T23:19:00Z |
Hi,

I am frequently facing an issue that one of my target reasource status is changing to '1'. Is there any possible to trigger a notification mail if any reasource status in resource provider change to '1' from '0'.

Advance thanks for your suggestions.
Updated on 2012-10-02T18:23:42Z at 2012-10-02T18:23:42Z by dgowda
  • jmdennis
    jmdennis
    52 Posts

Re: Notification mail when resource status is '1'

‏2012-10-01T19:12:43Z  
    Let me see if I understand this correctly:

I am frequently facing an issue that one of my target reasource status is changing to '1'

Do you mean the account keeps being placed in a suspended status (eraccountstatus=1)?

Also for clarity, is this happening inadvertently? Meaning, is someone using the native admin tool to inactivate the account without anyone's knowledge, and you're finding out after a recon? Or is eraccountstatus somehow being changed in the ITIM LDAP directory?
    If either is true, I would first try to find out why.

Is there any possible to trigger a notification mail if any reasource status in resource provider change to '1' from '0'.

That depends. If you change eraccountstatus from 1 to 0 via ITIM, it generally means you've used the Restore workflow. In that case, you can add a mail node to the operation. If the restore occurred because a reconciliation picked it up, you cannot do it via the workflow, because the ITIM search workflow is not exposed (technically). Your other option would be to configure a Life Cycle Rule (LCR) and run it periodically.

jdennis
  • you123
    you123
    6 Posts

‏2012-10-02T07:57:20Z  
    • jmdennis
    • ‏2012-10-01T19:12:43Z
    Let me see if I understand this correctly:

I am frequently facing an issue that one of my target reasource status is changing to '1'

Do you mean the account keeps being placed in a suspended status (eraccountstatus=1)?

Also for clarity, is this happening inadvertently? Meaning, is someone using the native admin tool to inactivate the account without anyone's knowledge, and you're finding out after a recon? Or is eraccountstatus somehow being changed in the ITIM LDAP directory?
    If either is true, I would first try to find out why.

Is there any possible to trigger a notification mail if any reasource status in resource provider change to '1' from '0'.

That depends. If you change eraccountstatus from 1 to 0 via ITIM, it generally means you've used the Restore workflow. In that case, you can add a mail node to the operation. If the restore occurred because a reconciliation picked it up, you cannot do it via the workflow, because the ITIM search workflow is not exposed (technically). Your other option would be to configure a Life Cycle Rule (LCR) and run it periodically.

jdennis
    Hi,

Thanks for reply.problem i am facing is resource status of the adapter at resource provider table (db2), ITIM dispatcher is changing to '1' from '0' (For example :status of TAM Combo adapter in resource provider table is changing to '1' i.e. Locked status).
  • jmdennis
    jmdennis
    52 Posts

‏2012-10-02T11:19:33Z  
    • you123
    • ‏2012-10-02T07:57:20Z
    Hi,

Thanks for reply.problem i am facing is resource status of the adapter at resource provider table (db2), ITIM dispatcher is changing to '1' from '0' (For example :status of TAM Combo adapter in resource provider table is changing to '1' i.e. Locked status).
    I need further clarification as I am getting confused by your jargon...

resource status of the adapter at resource provider table (db2)

I am not aware of a resource provider table. Are you referring to the ITIM back-end database?

ITIM dispatcher is changing to '1' from '0'

I assume you mean the assembly line belonging to the RMI based adapter is doing this.

Is this only happening for the TAM accounts?

jdennis
  • dgowda
    dgowda
    42 Posts

‏2012-10-02T18:23:42Z  
    In one of my older projects, I had this issue with more than 200 *nix servers. I wrote a simple assembly line to query the resources_provider table and email me the provider DN (and service name from an LDAP lookup) where resource_status is not 0. You could write a similar AL and schedule it to run every hour or 30 mins. HTH.