Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
9 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-11T09:50:11Z by Gobozov_Georgy
Gobozov_Georgy
Gobozov_Georgy
51 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Portal 8 Theme problem. Blank page

‏2012-09-26T13:03:35Z |
Hello.
I have created a new portal 8 theme by this tutorial http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/Deploying_and_developing_IBM_WebSphere_Portal_8_themes_A_step-by-step_guide
Theme works on static pages perfect, but if page type is dynamic (default portal layout) portlets not shown on the page and page is blank. Every page refresh in logs I see " handleRequest EJPFD0005E: RequestDispatcher not found for null" Any ideas?
thanks!
Updated on 2012-12-11T09:50:11Z at 2012-12-11T09:50:11Z by Gobozov_Georgy
  • siripuram
    siripuram
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Portal 8 Theme problem. Blank page

‏2012-10-12T01:22:04Z  in response to Gobozov_Georgy
    I have followed the same link and created a custom theme in WP 8.0 and getting the same error page as follows - i can't login.

DispatcherSer E com.ibm.wps.services.dispatcher.DispatcherServiceImpl handleRequest EJPFD0005E: RequestDispatcher not found for null.

have you fixed this problem? please let me know if you have done it.

Thanks
    Srini
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-12T15:31:29Z  in response to Gobozov_Georgy
    For some reason your jsps are not registering.
    Did you customize any dynamic JSPs in the dynamic portion of your theme (theme_dynamic_files.war/WebContent/html/dynamicSpots?
    Did you customize any dynamic spots in your static theme file (theme_static_files.war/WebContent/themes/YOURTHEME/nls/theme_en.html)?
    If you change any of those dynamic spots, like <link rel="dynamic-content" href="dyn-cs:id:80theme_head"> then you have to register them in the WAS console > Resource Environment Providers > WP_DynamicContentSpotMappings > Custom Properties. here's a good explanation: https://wiki.base22.com/display/btg/WebSphere+Portal+7+Theme+Development+-+Notes+and+Lessons+Learned it's for v7, but v8 is pretty much the same.
    I hope that helps.
    -paul
    • sirissri
      sirissri
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-12T20:12:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you, Paul for your reply. I really appreciated.

i have done everything as it shown in step by step guide but some reason - i guess there may be problem with the context root setting.

But any way, i have followed the URL that you have provided it to me (and also followed portal 8.0 information center closely comparing both) and it worked for me.

Thank you so much for your help. I was able to create a new theme and skins successfully in WP 8.0

Thanks
      Srini
  • Gobozov_Georgy
    Gobozov_Georgy
    51 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-31T14:51:31Z  in response to Gobozov_Georgy
    PaulJBucalo, thanks for you reply.
    Of course I have registred spots in WP_DynamicContentSpotMappings, but I still can't see any portlet on page with ma theme if page is dynamic If page static everything ok.
  • Gobozov_Georgy
    Gobozov_Georgy
    51 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-31T14:56:42Z  in response to Gobozov_Georgy
    sirissri, your theme works with dynamic pages?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T13:10:18Z  in response to Gobozov_Georgy
    Hi Gobozov_Georgy,

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same issue and followed the same guide. Dynamic pages work fine however static pages dont work properly, I was able to use static pages with my web dav solution.

Cheers,
    Marcus
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      30895 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-20T13:32:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I may need more information to diagnose exactly what is going wrong in your case. Can you provide your SystemOut.log?
      A couple things I've found:
      • I've had instances where the theme doesn't register properly. By going into WebDav (wps/mycontenthandler/dav/themelist/MYTheme) and checking that a metadata.properties file exists and references the proper elements.
      • If you're dong the EAR method for your theme, then these variables are registered using the XMLAccess interface. Here is the relevant section for the base22 instructions: http://tinyurl.com/bpjywto
      Ultimately, these are just best guesses. The SystemOut.log should provide more insight.
      Thank you,
      Paul
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-30T00:03:54Z  in response to Gobozov_Georgy
    Just spent a week tearing my hair out trying to solve this problem - after eventually getting help from IBM SWG, found out that the problem was with the actual instructions themselves.

The sample xmlaccess file in the guide linked by the OP registers a custom theme like so:

<skin action="update" active="true" default="false" domain="rel" objectid="ibm.portal.80StandardCustom" uniquename="ibm.portal.80StandardCustom" resourceroot="ibm.portal.80StandardCustom" context-root="/CustomTheme8Static" type="default">
    <localedata locale="en">
    <title>Custom Portal 8.0 - Standard</title>
    </localedata>
    <parameter name="com.ibm.portal.skintype" type="string" update="set"><![CDATAtemplate]></parameter>
    <parameter name="com.ibm.portal.skin.template.ref" type="string" update="set"><![CDATAres:/CustomTheme8Static/skins/Standard/]></parameter>
    <parameter name="com.ibm.portal.skin.template.file.name.html" type="string" update="set"><![CDATAhttp://skin.html]></parameter>
    </skin>

However, you actually want the context-root of this to be pointing at "/CustomTheme8+Dynamic+", not "/CustomTheme8+Static+". Fix this and the missing parts will load.

<skin action="update" active="true" default="false" domain="rel" objectid="ibm.portal.80StandardCustom" uniquename="ibm.portal.80StandardCustom" resourceroot="ibm.portal.80StandardCustom" context-root="/CustomTheme8*Dynamic*" type="default">
    <localedata locale="en">
    <title>Custom Portal 8.0 - Standard</title>
    </localedata>
    <parameter name="com.ibm.portal.skintype" type="string" update="set"><![CDATAtemplate]></parameter>
    <parameter name="com.ibm.portal.skin.template.ref" type="string" update="set"><![CDATAres:/CustomTheme8Static/skins/Standard/]></parameter>
    <parameter name="com.ibm.portal.skin.template.file.name.html" type="string" update="set"><![CDATAhttp://skin.html]></parameter>
    </skin>

I'm going to try to edit the wiki with this change if I can, but figured I'd better post it here in case anyone is folornly googling that error message as I was.
  • Gobozov_Georgy
    Gobozov_Georgy
    51 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T09:50:11Z  in response to Gobozov_Georgy
    AlexGilleran, it is amazing! Thanks to you!