IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-28T18:00:32Z by miksmith@us.ibm.com
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1485 Posts

Pinned topic Extreme Scale with Portal?

‏2012-09-26T09:56:37Z |
I want to integrate WebSphere Extreme Scale 7.1/8.5(Stand-alone) with Portal 7.

Can anyone let me know what steps need to be followed for doing the same.

Thanks.
Updated on 2012-09-28T18:00:32Z at 2012-09-28T18:00:32Z by miksmith@us.ibm.com
  • smart_dev
    smart_dev
    56 Posts

Re: Extreme Scale with Portal?

‏2012-09-26T21:24:19Z  
    Devendra,

Once option is to install WXS client on the Portal7 and then augment the profile to WAS. Once you do this successfully you will see the eXtreme Scale session management options as well as eXtreme scale options in Admin Pages panel of your WAS admin console. I am not sure the name of the section under which you can verify, but it should be under System Administration section.

Let me know if you need any further help.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1485 Posts

‏2012-09-27T08:45:21Z  
    • smart_dev
    • ‏2012-09-26T21:24:19Z
    Devendra,

Once option is to install WXS client on the Portal7 and then augment the profile to WAS. Once you do this successfully you will see the eXtreme Scale session management options as well as eXtreme scale options in Admin Pages panel of your WAS admin console. I am not sure the name of the section under which you can verify, but it should be under System Administration section.

Let me know if you need any further help.
    Hi Sir,

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed WXS 7.1 (Stand Alone--Server) and WXS 7.1 (Client on WAS). I am able to see the Extreme Scale option in WAS console under System Administration menu.

I tried creating "Catalog Service Domains" and then add ports, but not able to do it successfully.

Now I am not sure how to connect both to enable session management with Portal so as to see the Session Management and other Portal parameters on the Extreme Scale console.

Thanks.
    Devendra
  • smart_dev
    smart_dev
    56 Posts

‏2012-09-27T14:21:43Z  
    Hi Sir,

Thanks for the reply.

I have installed WXS 7.1 (Stand Alone--Server) and WXS 7.1 (Client on WAS). I am able to see the Extreme Scale option in WAS console under System Administration menu.

I tried creating "Catalog Service Domains" and then add ports, but not able to do it successfully.

Now I am not sure how to connect both to enable session management with Portal so as to see the Session Management and other Portal parameters on the Extreme Scale console.

Thanks.
    Devendra
    I am assuming you are connecting to the remote grid. If that's the case you need to define your catalog servers as a remote servers while defining your catalog service domain under system Administration menu. Once done that successfully, go to the WebSphere Portal Server under session management and select the remote grid option from the drop down menu and populate your domain which you have defined using system administration menu. You can browse and select your grid from there.

You might want to send the screen shots and I will guide you what's going wrong.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1485 Posts

‏2012-09-28T12:42:04Z  
    • smart_dev
    • ‏2012-09-27T14:21:43Z
    I am assuming you are connecting to the remote grid. If that's the case you need to define your catalog servers as a remote servers while defining your catalog service domain under system Administration menu. Once done that successfully, go to the WebSphere Portal Server under session management and select the remote grid option from the drop down menu and populate your domain which you have defined using system administration menu. You can browse and select your grid from there.

You might want to send the screen shots and I will guide you what's going wrong.
    Hi Sir,

I had set the catalog servers as a remote servers.

I am able to connect successfully and see the message in WXS console. The issue I am facing at the moment is that I am not able to see the data in the Extreme Scale Console. I guess some more step needs to be followed. I have sent you the complete document listing all the steps followed.
    Plz check.
  • joshuad
    joshuad
    38 Posts

‏2012-09-28T16:12:39Z  
    Hi Sir,

I had set the catalog servers as a remote servers.

I am able to connect successfully and see the message in WXS console. The issue I am facing at the moment is that I am not able to see the data in the Extreme Scale Console. I guess some more step needs to be followed. I have sent you the complete document listing all the steps followed.
    Plz check.
    A couple of things:

• You should upgrade your client and server to 7.1.1.1 which is the latest 7.1 fix pack.
    • When using WXS for Portal session replication, you need to enable session replication on the "wps" application as well as any custom portlets that you want to be stored in the grid (the session data must be serializable).
    • Ensure your application servers' web container custom properties include "HttpSessionIdReuse=true"
  • miksmith@us.ibm.com
    miksmith@us.ibm.com
    7 Posts

‏2012-09-28T18:00:32Z  
    Hello,

Sounds like you are having success in the WAS admin console with WXS doing connections to your remote catalog server and you are asking about the WXS monitor console only. When configuring the WXS monitoring console to connect to a catalog service domain please be sure to follow the instructions in the infocenter for WXS 7.1.x:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wxsinfo/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.websphere.extremescale.doc/txsmonitoroversw.html

Additionally, extra considerations should be made if running WXS catalog servers with security. The infocenter topic pasted above should address those; however, there is a limitation documented via a technote published about switching domain connections between 2 domains with different security settings:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&context=SSTVLU&q1=v85xsrnotes&uid=swg21592562&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=

I hope this helps,

Michael