Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-06T07:31:59Z by SystemAdmin
AshutoshN
AshutoshN
5 Posts

Pinned topic ITCAM for J2EE Data Collector doesn't start after configuring for Websphere

‏2012-09-26T06:39:03Z |
Hi,

I want to monitor Websphere java classes by using ITCAM for J2EE.
I have already installed ITCAM for J2EE TEMA.

Now I am configuring Data Collector.

Main process for Websphere looks like -

/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/java/bin/java -Declipse.security -Dwas.status.socket=44075 -Dosgi.install.area=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer -Dosgi.configuration.area=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/configuration -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dosgi.framework.extensions=com.ibm.cds,com.ibm.ws.eclipse.adaptors -Xshareclasses:name=webspherev70_%g,groupAccess,nonFatal -Xscmx50M -Xbootclasspath/p:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/ext/ibmorb.jar:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/java/jre/lib/ext/ibmext.jar:/opt/IBM/itcam/WebSphere/DC/toolkit/lib/bcm-bootstrap.jar:/opt/IBM/itcam/WebSphere/DC/itcamdc/lib/ppe.probe-bootstrap.jar -classpath /opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/properties:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/properties:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/startup.jar:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/bootstrap.jar:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/jsf-nls.jar:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/lmproxy.jar:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/urlprotocols.jar:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/batchboot.jar:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/batch2.jar:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/java/lib/tools.jar -Dibm.websphere.internalClassAccessMode=allow -verbose:gc -Xms424m -Xcompressedrefs -Dws.ext.dirs=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/java/lib:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/classes:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/classes:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/lib:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/installedChannels:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ext:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/web/help:/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/deploytool/itp/plugins/com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy/runtime -Dderby.system.home=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/derby -Dcom.ibm.itp.location=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/bin -Djava.util.logging.configureByServer=true -Duser.install.root=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01 -Djavax.management.builder.initial=com.ibm.ws.management.PlatformMBeanServerBuilder -Dwas.install.root=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer -Dpython.cachedir=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/temp/cachedir -Djava.util.logging.manager=com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WsLogManager -Dserver.root=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01 -Dcom.ibm.security.jgss.debug=off -Dcom.ibm.security.krb5.Krb5Debug=off -Dam.home=/opt/IBM/itcam/WebSphere/DC/itcamdc -verbose:gc -Xnocompactgc -agentlib:am_ibm_16=/opt/IBM/itcam/WebSphere/DC/runtime/was70.glasgowNode01.server1/ -Xmx552m -Djava.security.policy=/opt/IBM/itcam/WebSphere/DC/runtime/was70.glasgowNode01.server1/was70.glasgowNode01.server1.datacollector.policy -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/properties/wsjaas.conf com.ibm.wsspi.bootstrap.WSPreLauncher -nosplash -application com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer /opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/config glasgowNode01Cell glasgowNode01 server1

I am using startServer.sh as startup script.
But I think I am not able to find the Main class for websphere, I have tried all of the classes mentioned below for J2SE main Class parameter while configuring Data collector -
1] com.ibm.wsspi.bootstrap.WSPreLauncher
2] com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher
3] com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer

For "com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher", I can atleast see server instance on ITM TEPS, but its status always shows as stopped.

Please let me know if anyone has worked on this or have any idea about which Main class we need to provide so that Data collector starts up correctly and shows Websphere server instance as running on TEPS.
Please find attached the snapshot of TEPS for reference.

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-11-06T07:31:59Z at 2012-11-06T07:31:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    28 Posts

Re: ITCAM for J2EE Data Collector doesn't start after configuring for Websphere

‏2012-09-26T06:55:43Z  
    Please clarify:

are you using the ITCAM for J2EE DC for WebSphere ? DO you mean you are using the same config tool that you used (may be) for WebLogic, TomCat and other ?
    For WebSphere there is a separated package youshould use, named either ITCAM for WAS (in version 6.*) and ITCAM for AD (in version 7.1, AD stands for Applicaiton Diagnostic).
    If you are using the J2EE package, please get the appropriate package, else plase specify the DC version (there is version file somewhere in the file system) and WAS version. Plus show the error messages from SystemOut.log at startup time.
    Thanks
  • AshutoshN
    AshutoshN
    5 Posts

‏2012-09-26T17:14:33Z  
    Please clarify:

are you using the ITCAM for J2EE DC for WebSphere ? DO you mean you are using the same config tool that you used (may be) for WebLogic, TomCat and other ?
    For WebSphere there is a separated package youshould use, named either ITCAM for WAS (in version 6.*) and ITCAM for AD (in version 7.1, AD stands for Applicaiton Diagnostic).
    If you are using the J2EE package, please get the appropriate package, else plase specify the DC version (there is version file somewhere in the file system) and WAS version. Plus show the error messages from SystemOut.log at startup time.
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have already installed ITCAM for Websphere DC also and its working fine.
    But I also want to configure ITCAM for J2EE DC for Websphere to monitor its java process.

Please find version for DC below -
    root@v525400f18959 DC# cat /opt/IBM/itcam/J2EE/DC/itcamdc/etc/*version.properties*

probe.release.version=6.1
    probe.ptf.version=6
    probe.patch.level=
    probe.build.level=20110617_FP6
    probe.build.date=11/13/2011 19:36:22 PST

Was Version - IBM WebSphere Application Server ND, Version:7.0.0.11

When I start the server instance, I get following messages on console -

root@v525400f18959 server1# /opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/startServ
    PROCESS_ID entry is missing in the state table. Retrieving the PID of the curren
    PID of the current process is 28776
    ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
    /opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/s
    PROCESS_ID entry is missing in the state table. Retrieving the PID of the curren
    Using STDOUT for logging
    INFO: CYN: IP used for ServerSocket binding: v525400f18959.hsltv3prod.cloud9.ibm
    INFO: CYN: The export ip is set to v525400f18959.hsltv3prod.cloud9.ibm.com
    ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the AppSrv01 profile
    ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.
    ADMU3000I: Server server1 open for e-business; process id is 28820
    WARNING: Probe Manager is still alive!

Please also find attached messages in SystemOut.log that are logged after Was start up.

Please let me know your valuable suggestions.
    Thanks.
  • AshutoshN
    AshutoshN
    5 Posts

‏2012-10-01T09:57:55Z  
    • AshutoshN
    • ‏2012-09-26T17:14:33Z
    Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have already installed ITCAM for Websphere DC also and its working fine.
    But I also want to configure ITCAM for J2EE DC for Websphere to monitor its java process.

Please find version for DC below -
    root@v525400f18959 DC# cat /opt/IBM/itcam/J2EE/DC/itcamdc/etc/*version.properties*

probe.release.version=6.1
    probe.ptf.version=6
    probe.patch.level=
    probe.build.level=20110617_FP6
    probe.build.date=11/13/2011 19:36:22 PST

Was Version - IBM WebSphere Application Server ND, Version:7.0.0.11

When I start the server instance, I get following messages on console -

root@v525400f18959 server1# /opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/bin/startServ
    ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
    /opt/was-install/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/s
    Using STDOUT for logging
    INFO: CYN: IP used for ServerSocket binding: v525400f18959.hsltv3prod.cloud9.ibm
    INFO: CYN: The export ip is set to v525400f18959.hsltv3prod.cloud9.ibm.com
    ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the AppSrv01 profile
    ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    ADMU3200I: Server launched. Waiting for initialization status.
    ADMU3000I: Server server1 open for e-business; process id is 28820
    WARNING: Probe Manager is still alive!

Please also find attached messages in SystemOut.log that are logged after Was start up.

Please let me know your valuable suggestions.
    Thanks.
    Hi Please let me know if anyone has any idea about this problem or ever worked on ITCAM for J2EE ?
  • MikhailRamendik
    MikhailRamendik
    8 Posts

‏2012-10-01T11:08:27Z  
    • AshutoshN
    • ‏2012-10-01T09:57:55Z
    Hi Please let me know if anyone has any idea about this problem or ever worked on ITCAM for J2EE ?
    ITCAM for J2EE DC does not support monitoring WebSphere Application Server. Moreover, it is designed to monitor a subset of the same things as the WebSphere DC.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    847 Posts

‏2012-11-06T07:31:59Z  
    • AshutoshN
    • ‏2012-10-01T09:57:55Z
    If you want to monitor WebSphere java classes, you need to install ITCAM for WebSphere DC and ITCAM for WebSphere MS;
    If you just want to monitor WebSphere process status, you need to install ITCAM for WebSphere DC and ITCAM for WebSphere TEMA;

Please do NOT install and configure ITCAM for J2EE DC and TEMA to WebSphere environment, it will not work.