Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-01T19:58:08Z by ValleyGirl
RCS-Owner
RCS-Owner
4 Posts

Pinned topic ClearQuest query issue: Error 500: incompatible with java.lang.String

‏2012-09-25T23:21:31Z |
Hi,

I'm getting the following when I attempt to generate documents from ClearQuest query results. All indications while building the template is that my data source URI's are correct but I am new to using RPE so I'm hoping one of you might be able to look over my shoulder and pick out what I'm missing.

Thanks!

-michael

CRRPE1064I Cannot access http://reportServer:9080/DataServices/ClearQuest/7.0.0/Defect/Public Queries/Reports/All Open Defects?Type=Query. Verify that URL, user name and password are correct. Error is Cannot retrieve data from http://reportServer:9080/DataServices/ClearQuest/7.0.0/DR/Public%20Queries/Reports/All%20Open%20Defects?Type=Query&fields=Query/results/Defect/(defectNotes%7CSeverity%7CPriority%7CCustomID%7CHeadline%7CState%7CDescription%7CSystemAffected%7CAssignedAnalyst/(fullname)%7CExternalDefects/(ExternalReference)). Server returned:
Error 500: [Lcom.ibm.rational.wvcm.stp.cq.CqQuery$FilterLeaf$TargetType; incompatible with java.lang.String

CRRPE1064I Failed to configure data source Owner. Check the Document Specification and/or the Dynamic Data Source configuration block used to configure it. The queries on this data source will be ignored.
CRRPE1064I Error in engine

Cannot retrieve data from http://reportServer:9080/DataServices/ClearQuest/7.0.0/DR/Public%20Queries/Reports/All%20Open%20Defects?Type=Query&fields=Query/results/Defect/(defectNotes%7CSeverity%7CPriority%7CCustomID%7CHeadline%7CState%7CDescription%7CSystemAffected%7CAssignedAnalyst/(fullname)%7CExternalDefects/(ExternalReference)). Server returned:
Error 500: [Lcom.ibm.rational.wvcm.stp.cq.CqQuery$FilterLeaf$TargetType; incompatible with java.lang.String
CRRPE3011E Error in engine
Cannot retrieve data from http://reportServer:9080/DataServices/ClearQuest/7.0.0/DR/Public%20Queries/Reports/All%20Open%20Defects?Type=Query&fields=Query/results/Defect/(defectNotes%7CSeverity%7CPriority%7CCustomID%7CHeadline%7CState%7CDescription%7CSystemAffected%7CAssignedAnalyst/(fullname)%7CExternalCRs/(ExternalReference)). Server returned:

CRRPE1064I Aborting engine execution...
CRRPE1064I Document generation finished in 3 seconds.
CRRPE1062I Checking for RPE_PUBLISH license.
CRRPE1022I Process completed in 4.28 seconds.
CRRPE1023E Document generation failed
Updated on 2012-11-01T19:58:08Z at 2012-11-01T19:58:08Z by ValleyGirl
  • RCS-Owner
    RCS-Owner
    4 Posts

Re: ClearQuest query issue: Error 500: incompatible with java.lang.String

‏2012-09-27T15:55:41Z  
    According to support it looks like this is a known defect.

Support Quote: This issue is not resolved in a generally available version of RPE and as I mentioned, the workaround for this issue is to filter directly within RPE instead of sending the already filtered data from CQ. The APAR ID for this defect is PM48320 for your reference.

-michael
  • ValleyGirl
    ValleyGirl
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-25T16:57:44Z  
    Michael,

I have the exact same problem. How do you filter from within RPE?
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1614 Posts

‏2012-10-26T12:41:57Z  
    Hi,

see Filters in RPE for more details.

Do note that there is a very large difference between native and RPE filtering as the native one is performed on the server side meaning that the amount of data transferred on the network and processed by RPE is smaller.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
  • ValleyGirl
    ValleyGirl
    9 Posts

‏2012-10-26T17:49:15Z  
    Hi,

see Filters in RPE for more details.

Do note that there is a very large difference between native and RPE filtering as the native one is performed on the server side meaning that the amount of data transferred on the network and processed by RPE is smaller.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
    Dragos,

I am doing RPE filtering and it is taking me 10-20 mins for some of the document generations, which is way too slow. If I do native filtering within RPE, would that be faster? Is native filtering supposed to work? Should I bother looking into it?

L
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1614 Posts

‏2012-10-29T08:24:26Z  
    Hi,

yes, native filter should work and normally it is faster than the native filtering for the reasons described in my previous reply.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
  • ValleyGirl
    ValleyGirl
    9 Posts

‏2012-11-01T19:58:08Z  
    Hi,

yes, native filter should work and normally it is faster than the native filtering for the reasons described in my previous reply.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
    I upgraded RPE to the next version and my problem was solved!