So I copy now the whole thread into this message and close the other thread.
My initial Question yesterdayI have problems to get a connection to Domino when I try to create a Notes crawler: In the create-crawler-section, after naming the Domino-Server and filling out the path to the Notes-ID (with the right password) and klicking next, I get the error message
FFQD2130E A Notes error occurred while accessing the server. ID: 4371. Error message: NotesException: Can't switch IDs on a server
The connection with an DIIOP-Notes-crawler to the same server with the same user works fine (after fixing the "classpath="-line in crawler_NOTES_interface.ini in %ES_INSTALL_ROOT%\configurations\interfaces), in particular, I have all the expected documents in the search.
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Datacenter, UAC is disabled, esadmin is the ICA-user and he is member of the Administrators group
- ICA 3.0.1 with WAS (Integrated Solutions Console: 184.108.40.206), administrative security enabled, application security not enabled
- Domino 8.5.3 FP2, 32 bit (the connection in Domino works fine if I'm starting the application e.g. for replication with the other server, the Domino-service is disabled normally)
Get this answer from Billy:While we are not 100% certain what the cause may be, here is the input from our QA as a suggestion for you to try. Billy.
My guess is that the user is using the wrong ID. The recommended steps are:
1. Install Domino server on ICA crawler/indexer box.
2. Go to Domino hub and register (add) this new server to be use in the ICA server in the Domino hub.
3. Go back to ICA and configure Domino server using the registered info (ID location, user/password, etc ..)
4. Start Domino server so it can replicate with the Domino hub.
5. Stop Domino server.
6. Go to ICA's bin directory and execute the script escrnote.vbs.
7. Restart ICA,
8. Create Notes crawler using NRPC. Make sure that user use the server ID (location should be under <Domino>\data.
And this is my answer to Billy (today in the morning):Hi Billy.
Thanks for your reply.
I did all the steps you've described. Especially, if I'm starting the domino server as an application, I'm a "real member of my notes" and can e.g. replicate (with commands from the console) with the other server I'm trying to crawl. So, I'm thinking that "domino allone" works fine on the ICA box.
In step 8 I've used a user-id for a person to configure the crawler.
Now I've tried to use the server-id, located in the domino data path (as you suggested) - same result, same error message.
On another ICA-Server (ICA 3.0.0 and Domino 8.5.1 - here it works with NRPC) I see only this difference in the notes.ini (other differences for the version and server name of course):
- KeyFilename_Owner=CN=esadmin/O=ebusiness --> this is the name of the crawling user in the definition of the crawler connection
- KeyFilename_Owner=CN=domino03/O=ebusiness --> this is the server name
- KeyFilename=C:\IBM\Lotus\esadmin.id or KeyFilename=C:\IBM\Lotus\Domino\data\esadmin.id (of course the esadmin.id is located on both places)
Is it a question of the domino version? An IBM collegue said: no, he uses Domino 8.5.3 too and it works.
Any other ideas?