Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-28T14:24:35Z by SystemAdmin
kossi
kossi
13 Posts

Pinned topic ICA 3.0: Notes NRPC connection doesn't work

‏2012-09-25T15:30:49Z |
Sorry folks, yesterday I opened this question in the IBM Omnifind Enterprise Edition forum - that's the wrong place for ICA-questions ...
So I copy now the whole thread into this message and close the other thread.
See https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=456462

My initial Question yesterday

I have problems to get a connection to Domino when I try to create a Notes crawler: In the create-crawler-section, after naming the Domino-Server and filling out the path to the Notes-ID (with the right password) and klicking next, I get the error message
FFQD2130E A Notes error occurred while accessing the server. ID: 4371. Error message: NotesException: Can't switch IDs on a server

The connection with an DIIOP-Notes-crawler to the same server with the same user works fine (after fixing the "classpath="-line in crawler_NOTES_interface.ini in %ES_INSTALL_ROOT%\configurations\interfaces), in particular, I have all the expected documents in the search.

Any idea?
The environment:
  • Windows Server 2008 R2, Datacenter, UAC is disabled, esadmin is the ICA-user and he is member of the Administrators group
  • ICA 3.0.1 with WAS (Integrated Solutions Console: 8.0.0.3), administrative security enabled, application security not enabled
  • Domino 8.5.3 FP2, 32 bit (the connection in Domino works fine if I'm starting the application e.g. for replication with the other server, the Domino-service is disabled normally)

Get this answer from Billy:

While we are not 100% certain what the cause may be, here is the input from our QA as a suggestion for you to try. Billy.
My guess is that the user is using the wrong ID. The recommended steps are:
1. Install Domino server on ICA crawler/indexer box.
2. Go to Domino hub and register (add) this new server to be use in the ICA server in the Domino hub.
3. Go back to ICA and configure Domino server using the registered info (ID location, user/password, etc ..)
4. Start Domino server so it can replicate with the Domino hub.
5. Stop Domino server.
6. Go to ICA's bin directory and execute the script escrnote.vbs.
7. Restart ICA,
8. Create Notes crawler using NRPC. Make sure that user use the server ID (location should be under <Domino>\data.

And this is my answer to Billy (today in the morning):

Hi Billy.
Thanks for your reply.
I did all the steps you've described. Especially, if I'm starting the domino server as an application, I'm a "real member of my notes" and can e.g. replicate (with commands from the console) with the other server I'm trying to crawl. So, I'm thinking that "domino allone" works fine on the ICA box.
In step 8 I've used a user-id for a person to configure the crawler.

Now I've tried to use the server-id, located in the domino data path (as you suggested) - same result, same error message.

On another ICA-Server (ICA 3.0.0 and Domino 8.5.1 - here it works with NRPC) I see only this difference in the notes.ini (other differences for the version and server name of course):
  • KeyFilename_Owner=CN=esadmin/O=ebusiness --> this is the name of the crawling user in the definition of the crawler connection
On the ICA 3.0.1 and Domino 8.5.3 (here the NRPC crawler doesn't work) we have
  • KeyFilename_Owner=CN=domino03/O=ebusiness --> this is the server name
Even if I'm changing this values manually to (the user who should crawl)
  • KeyFilename=C:\IBM\Lotus\esadmin.id or KeyFilename=C:\IBM\Lotus\Domino\data\esadmin.id (of course the esadmin.id is located on both places)
  • KeyFilename_Owner=CN=esadmin/O=ebusiness
and trying to create the crawler I get the same error.

Is it a question of the domino version? An IBM collegue said: no, he uses Domino 8.5.3 too and it works.

Any other ideas?
Thanks, Michael
Updated on 2012-09-28T14:24:35Z at 2012-09-28T14:24:35Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

Re: ICA 3.0: Notes NRPC connection doesn't work

‏2012-09-25T17:31:41Z  
    Hi Michael,

My name is Thai Tran and I'm from the ICA/OEE QA team.

Can you try the following:

1. From your ICA machine, uninstall Domino server. Make sure you stop ICA by issuing command "esadmin system stopall" (without the double quote) from command prompt before uninstall Domino.

2. From your ICA machine, install Domino (DO NOT CONFIGURE Domino)

3. Copy the server ID of the Domino server that you want to crawl and place it in any directory of the ICA machine (ex: C:\ids\server.id)

4. Run the escrnote.vbs

4. Start ICA by issuing command "esadmin system startall" (without the double quote) from command prompt

5. Create Notes crawler (NRPC) using the server ID of the Domino server that you copied over earlier.
    Let me know if this help. You can save sometimes of uninstalling and re-installing Domino server on the ICA machine by just modifying the notes.ini. The typical notes.ini before configuring it should look similar to

the one below Make sure you backup your notes.ini first.

======= notes.ini =======

Notes
    NotesProgram=C:\Lotus\Domino
    Directory=C:\Lotus\Domino\data
    KitType=2
    InstallType=4
    PartitionNumber=1
    ServiceName=Lotus Domino Server (CLotusDominodata)
    showControllerStatusWindow=0

=========================
  • kossi
    kossi
    13 Posts

‏2012-09-26T10:57:56Z  
    Hi Michael,

My name is Thai Tran and I'm from the ICA/OEE QA team.

Can you try the following:

1. From your ICA machine, uninstall Domino server. Make sure you stop ICA by issuing command "esadmin system stopall" (without the double quote) from command prompt before uninstall Domino.

2. From your ICA machine, install Domino (DO NOT CONFIGURE Domino)

3. Copy the server ID of the Domino server that you want to crawl and place it in any directory of the ICA machine (ex: C:\ids\server.id)

4. Run the escrnote.vbs

4. Start ICA by issuing command "esadmin system startall" (without the double quote) from command prompt

5. Create Notes crawler (NRPC) using the server ID of the Domino server that you copied over earlier.
    Let me know if this help. You can save sometimes of uninstalling and re-installing Domino server on the ICA machine by just modifying the notes.ini. The typical notes.ini before configuring it should look similar to

the one below Make sure you backup your notes.ini first.

======= notes.ini =======

Notes
    NotesProgram=C:\Lotus\Domino
    Directory=C:\Lotus\Domino\data
    KitType=2
    InstallType=4
    PartitionNumber=1
    ServiceName=Lotus Domino Server (CLotusDominodata)

=========================
    Hi Thai Tran,
    thanks for your fast response. This is my report

1. esadmin system stopall

2. Edit notes.ini for the domino Server in the program directory C:\IBM\Lotus\Domino
    • - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    NotesProgram=C:\IBM\Lotus\Domino
    KitType=2
    InstallType=4
    PartitionNumber=1
    ServiceName=Lotus Domino Server (CIBMLotusDominodata)
    FaultRecovery_Build=Release 8.5.3
    Directory=C:\IBM\Lotus\Domino\data

3. Run the escrnote.vbs
    asking for the path to Lotus Domino (--> changing to the correct path C:\IBM\Lotus\Domino)
    asking to verify the path to the data directory (that was correct identified)
    OK, pointer to restart ICA with ...stopall and ...startall

4. Verify notes.ini
    we have a notes.ini.bak and the "new" notes ini
    '# This file was generated by IBM Enterprise Search.
    '# Please do not modify it.

Notes
    EXTMGR_ADDINS=ffq.notesextmgr.dll
    TCPIP=TCP, 0, 15, 0
    Ports=TCPIP

KitType=2
    InstallType=4
    PartitionNumber=1

5. Verify crawler_NOTES_interface.ini in C:\IBM\es\configurations\interfaces
    we have a crawler_NOTES_interface.ini.bak and the "new" crawler_NOTES_interface.ini
    version=1.1.20031104.225000
    classpath=esctrl.jar;cloudscape/lib/derby.jar;rdsutil.jar;dscrawler.jar;notescrawler.jar;es.oss.jar;siapi.jar;es.siapi.jar;es.dl.client.jar;es.indexservice.jar;C:\\IBM\\es\\lib\\es.commiso.jar;C:\\IBM\\Lotus\\Domino\\jvm\\lib\\ext\\Notes.jar;C:\\IBM\\Lotus\\Domino\\data\\domino\\java\\NCSO.jar;
    path=C:\\IBM\\Lotus\\Domino;
    ld_libpath=C:\\IBM\\es\\lib;C:\\IBM\\Lotus\\Domino;

6. esadmin system startall

7. copy both server.id's (domino02.id and domino03.id) into the directory C:\IBM\Domino\SAVE

8. Creating a Notes Crawler NRPC with the server-id for domino02.id
    (You wrote: Copy the server ID of the Domino server that you want to crawl and place it in any directory of the ICA machine
    • the server who crawls is domino03
    • the server I want to crawl is domino02)

==> Now I get the connection to domino02-server

I selected the nsf to crawl,
    and I get the ICA error message
    • FFQM0143E The following databases cannot be accessed by user ID (C:\IBM\Lotus\SAVE\domino02.id) on server domino02 : http://Info zu KA(ICA\KAinfo.nsf). Remove these databases from the list of databases to crawl.

On the console of domino02 I see: 0C98:0036-0C74 26.09.2012 11:32:18 ATTEMPT TO ACCESS DATABASE ICA\KAinfo.nsf by domino02/ebusiness was denied

Looking for the ACL on that nsf-file on domino02 shows that the server domino02 has manager rights.
    Next I gave -Default- manager rights in that nsf-file, restart domino02 server - I can create the crawler, i.e. no access problems. That cannot be the solution ...

Next I've checked the domino02.id
    a) lo fixup ICA\KAinfo.nsf on the domino02-server --> it runs without problems, that shows that the server has access to the nsf file
    b) copy the domino02.id directly from the domino02 server to the ICA-server (domino03) into the directory C:\IBM\Domino\SAVE
    c) Try to configure the crawler again, same result:
    • when I have -Default- with no access (and domino02 has manager rigts and there are no restrictions on the server) on the nsf file to crawl --> Access denied
    • when I have -Default- with manager rights on the nsf file to crawl --> Access possible, I can create the crawler and he crawls
    So I have come a big step further, but not there yet.

Should I try some other things?
    • Crawling a new created database on domino02 with domino02.id
    • Create the crawler with domino03.id

P.S.: I have tried to avoid the domino reinstallation. Do I do that?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2012-09-26T18:54:46Z  
    • kossi
    • ‏2012-09-26T10:57:56Z
    Hi Thai Tran,
    thanks for your fast response. This is my report

1. esadmin system stopall

2. Edit notes.ini for the domino Server in the program directory C:\IBM\Lotus\Domino
    KitType=2
    InstallType=4
    PartitionNumber=1

3. Run the escrnote.vbs
    asking for the path to Lotus Domino (--> changing to the correct path C:\IBM\Lotus\Domino)
    asking to verify the path to the data directory (that was correct identified)
    OK, pointer to restart ICA with ...stopall and ...startall

4. Verify notes.ini
    we have a notes.ini.bak and the "new" notes ini
    '# This file was generated by IBM Enterprise Search.
    '# Please do not modify it.

Notes
    EXTMGR_ADDINS=ffq.notesextmgr.dll
    TCPIP=TCP, 0, 15, 0
    Ports=TCPIP

KitType=2
    InstallType=4
    PartitionNumber=1

5. Verify crawler_NOTES_interface.ini in C:\IBM\es\configurations\interfaces
    we have a crawler_NOTES_interface.ini.bak and the "new" crawler_NOTES_interface.ini
    version=1.1.20031104.225000
    classpath=esctrl.jar;cloudscape/lib/derby.jar;rdsutil.jar;dscrawler.jar;notescrawler.jar;es.oss.jar;siapi.jar;es.siapi.jar;es.dl.client.jar;es.indexservice.jar;C:\\IBM\\es\\lib\\es.commiso.jar;C:\\IBM\\Lotus\\Domino\\jvm\\lib\\ext\\Notes.jar;C:\\IBM\\Lotus\\Domino\\data\\domino\\java\\NCSO.jar;
    path=C:\\IBM\\Lotus\\Domino;
    ld_libpath=C:\\IBM\\es\\lib;C:\\IBM\\Lotus\\Domino;

6. esadmin system startall

7. copy both server.id's (domino02.id and domino03.id) into the directory C:\IBM\Domino\SAVE

8. Creating a Notes Crawler NRPC with the server-id for domino02.id
    (You wrote: Copy the server ID of the Domino server that you want to crawl and place it in any directory of the ICA machine
    • the server who crawls is domino03
    • the server I want to crawl is domino02)

==> Now I get the connection to domino02-server

I selected the nsf to crawl,
    and I get the ICA error message
    • FFQM0143E The following databases cannot be accessed by user ID (C:\IBM\Lotus\SAVE\domino02.id) on server domino02 : http://Info zu KA(ICA\KAinfo.nsf). Remove these databases from the list of databases to crawl.

On the console of domino02 I see: 0C98:0036-0C74 26.09.2012 11:32:18 ATTEMPT TO ACCESS DATABASE ICA\KAinfo.nsf by domino02/ebusiness was denied

Looking for the ACL on that nsf-file on domino02 shows that the server domino02 has manager rights.
    Next I gave -Default- manager rights in that nsf-file, restart domino02 server - I can create the crawler, i.e. no access problems. That cannot be the solution ...

Next I've checked the domino02.id
    a) lo fixup ICA\KAinfo.nsf on the domino02-server --> it runs without problems, that shows that the server has access to the nsf file
    b) copy the domino02.id directly from the domino02 server to the ICA-server (domino03) into the directory C:\IBM\Domino\SAVE
    c) Try to configure the crawler again, same result:
    • when I have -Default- with no access (and domino02 has manager rigts and there are no restrictions on the server) on the nsf file to crawl --> Access denied
    • when I have -Default- with manager rights on the nsf file to crawl --> Access possible, I can create the crawler and he crawls
    So I have come a big step further, but not there yet.

Should I try some other things?
    • Crawling a new created database on domino02 with domino02.id
    • Create the crawler with domino03.id

P.S.: I have tried to avoid the domino reinstallation. Do I do that?
    Hi Michael,

Based on your reply, the steps worked. Let me recap what you did so far:

1. Modified the notes.ini so Domino is unconfigured (Domino03 and also your ICA server)

2. Ran the escrnote.vbs script on your ICA server

3. Copied the server IDs (Domino02.id and Domino03.id) to ICA server location (C:\IBM\domino\Save) - Actually you don't need Domino03.id, since you will be using Domino02.id as ID to crawl.

4. Created crawler using Domino02.id via NRPC method. It discovered the databases but failed to add to crawler space with access denied.

You shouldn't have to add "manager" access to default, but you need to have Domino02 server at least "reader" access allowing the server to crawl the database. In my environment, I usually allow "Local Domain Servers" minimum "reader" access.

Please add the "reader" access to the server and let me know if this fix your issue. I'm attaching the bitmap of the access control list of one of my db as guide.

Regards,

Thai
  • kossi
    kossi
    13 Posts

‏2012-09-26T20:35:45Z  
    Hi Michael,

Based on your reply, the steps worked. Let me recap what you did so far:

1. Modified the notes.ini so Domino is unconfigured (Domino03 and also your ICA server)

2. Ran the escrnote.vbs script on your ICA server

3. Copied the server IDs (Domino02.id and Domino03.id) to ICA server location (C:\IBM\domino\Save) - Actually you don't need Domino03.id, since you will be using Domino02.id as ID to crawl.

4. Created crawler using Domino02.id via NRPC method. It discovered the databases but failed to add to crawler space with access denied.

You shouldn't have to add "manager" access to default, but you need to have Domino02 server at least "reader" access allowing the server to crawl the database. In my environment, I usually allow "Local Domain Servers" minimum "reader" access.

Please add the "reader" access to the server and let me know if this fix your issue. I'm attaching the bitmap of the access control list of one of my db as guide.

Regards,

Thai
    Hai Thai,

thanks, in 1 - 4 you made the recap exactly.

The good thing is: I can create the Notes NRPC-crawler, but the results from crawling are very strange ...

The problem is the ACL and what happens in different alternate situations...

Of course I've checked the ACL: the server domino02 has Manager-Access, see picture hc_1070.png. The rule "ReadAll" means a little "more rights", we have reader fields in the nsf. LocalDomainServers have Manager access too, domino02 is member of this server group (not a person group as you have in your picture), but the single entry for domino02 gives the right for the server (single entry vs. group entry).
    If I have -Default- with Manager access, the the crawl works (so I think the reader fields are not a problem, we need them). Very strange.

I took another database, without a rule, without reader fields. We have 3 documents in that database (build from the journal-template).
    I can create the NRPC crawler, but the results are so stupid:
    a) LocalDomainServers (the group) has manager access, no entry for the server domino02.
    Result:the full new crawl tooks 0 documents.
    b) I've changed the ACL: domino02 has manager access, thats the one and only change vs. a), restart domino server
    Result: the full crawl tooks 0 documents
    c) Next change: -Default- from no access to manager access, thats the one and only change vs. b), restart domino server
    Result: the full crawl tooks all 3 documents.
    d) Next change: -Default- back from manager access to no access (notice that domino02 has manager access), thats the one and only change vs. c), restart domino server
    Result: the full crawl tooks 0 documents and we get the error messages
    • on ICA: 1 - 9/26/12 10:13 PM Error D02NRPC FFQD4009E The Notes crawler cannot connect to the Lotus Notes database ICA\Journall.nsf on server domino02.
    Log message details:
    Message number: 1
    Timestamp: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:13:27 PM CEST
    Severity: Error Component:
    crawler
    Session: D02NRPC
    Message: FFQD4009E The Notes crawler cannot connect to the Lotus Notes database ICA\Journall.nsf on server domino02.
    Line number: 1118
    Function name: com.ibm.es.crawler.notes.NotesFetcher.connect
    File name: NotesFetcher.java
    Process ID: 8372
    Thread ID: 25
    Server name: kaw8ica3
    • on the server console of domio02: '0E40:0035-0F60 26.09.2012 22:13:25 ATTEMPT TO ACCESS DATABASE ICA\Journall.nsf by domino02/ebusiness was denied.

I'm so confused with these strange things. I don't have any idea ...
    Did you?
    Thanks, Michael
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2012-09-27T10:27:34Z  
    • kossi
    • ‏2012-09-26T20:35:45Z
    Hai Thai,

thanks, in 1 - 4 you made the recap exactly.

The good thing is: I can create the Notes NRPC-crawler, but the results from crawling are very strange ...

The problem is the ACL and what happens in different alternate situations...

Of course I've checked the ACL: the server domino02 has Manager-Access, see picture hc_1070.png. The rule "ReadAll" means a little "more rights", we have reader fields in the nsf. LocalDomainServers have Manager access too, domino02 is member of this server group (not a person group as you have in your picture), but the single entry for domino02 gives the right for the server (single entry vs. group entry).
    If I have -Default- with Manager access, the the crawl works (so I think the reader fields are not a problem, we need them). Very strange.

I took another database, without a rule, without reader fields. We have 3 documents in that database (build from the journal-template).
    I can create the NRPC crawler, but the results are so stupid:
    a) LocalDomainServers (the group) has manager access, no entry for the server domino02.
    Result:the full new crawl tooks 0 documents.
    b) I've changed the ACL: domino02 has manager access, thats the one and only change vs. a), restart domino server
    Result: the full crawl tooks 0 documents
    c) Next change: -Default- from no access to manager access, thats the one and only change vs. b), restart domino server
    Result: the full crawl tooks all 3 documents.
    d) Next change: -Default- back from manager access to no access (notice that domino02 has manager access), thats the one and only change vs. c), restart domino server
    Result: the full crawl tooks 0 documents and we get the error messages
    • on ICA: 1 - 9/26/12 10:13 PM Error D02NRPC FFQD4009E The Notes crawler cannot connect to the Lotus Notes database ICA\Journall.nsf on server domino02.
    Log message details:
    Message number: 1
    Timestamp: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:13:27 PM CEST
    Severity: Error Component:
    crawler
    Session: D02NRPC
    Message: FFQD4009E The Notes crawler cannot connect to the Lotus Notes database ICA\Journall.nsf on server domino02.
    Line number: 1118
    Function name: com.ibm.es.crawler.notes.NotesFetcher.connect
    File name: NotesFetcher.java
    Process ID: 8372
    Thread ID: 25
    Server name: kaw8ica3
    • on the server console of domio02: '0E40:0035-0F60 26.09.2012 22:13:25 ATTEMPT TO ACCESS DATABASE ICA\Journall.nsf by domino02/ebusiness was denied.

I'm so confused with these strange things. I don't have any idea ...
    Did you?
    Thanks, Michael
    Hi Michael,

To verify that the crawler is working properly, can you create a Notes crawler (via NRPC) to

crawl a help database(help\help85_admin.nsf) that shipped with Domino ? The help file has all

default ACL (bitmaps attached), so the crawler should be able to crawl without any issue. I

have verified that it's working in my environment.
    If you are able to crawl the help database, then the issue is caused by Domino setup. You

can try to change the ACL of the problem nsf using the help85_admin.nsf's ACL as guide.
    If you are not able to crawl the help database, then the crawler is the problem and more

debugging is needed.
    Let me know the outcome of your finding.

Thanks,

Thai
  • kossi
    kossi
    13 Posts

‏2012-09-27T17:46:33Z  
    Hi Michael,

To verify that the crawler is working properly, can you create a Notes crawler (via NRPC) to

crawl a help database(help\help85_admin.nsf) that shipped with Domino ? The help file has all

default ACL (bitmaps attached), so the crawler should be able to crawl without any issue. I

have verified that it's working in my environment.
    If you are able to crawl the help database, then the issue is caused by Domino setup. You

can try to change the ACL of the problem nsf using the help85_admin.nsf's ACL as guide.
    If you are not able to crawl the help database, then the crawler is the problem and more

debugging is needed.
    Let me know the outcome of your finding.

Thanks,

Thai
    Hi Thai,
    a long story ... see attached pdf-file.

My summary:
    1. With your pointer to
    a) "empty" notes.ini (e.g. not configured domino server) and
    b) usage of the server.id of the server to crawl for the connection I can create the Notes-NRPC crawler.

2. The result is strange: We get crwaled documents only if we have for -Default- the access right "reader" (or higher). This is unacceptable for security reason.

Any other idea?
    Thanks
    Michael
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2012-09-28T10:31:49Z  
    • kossi
    • ‏2012-09-27T17:46:33Z
    Hi Thai,
    a long story ... see attached pdf-file.

My summary:
    1. With your pointer to
    a) "empty" notes.ini (e.g. not configured domino server) and
    b) usage of the server.id of the server to crawl for the connection I can create the Notes-NRPC crawler.

2. The result is strange: We get crwaled documents only if we have for -Default- the access right "reader" (or higher). This is unacceptable for security reason.

Any other idea?
    Thanks
    Michael
    Hi Michael,

Can you try the steps in my included pdf ? I tested it in my environment and it was working. Let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

Thai
  • kossi
    kossi
    13 Posts

‏2012-09-28T14:17:25Z  
    Hi Michael,

Can you try the steps in my included pdf ? I tested it in my environment and it was working. Let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

Thai
    Hai Thai,

thanks, now it works as expected. Details see attached pdf

Summary:
    1. The error with the escrnotes.vbs brought a lot of trouble. Especially to verify the connection between Domino on ICA (domino03) and domino02, the server to crawl with notes, we had a configured domino server on the ICA server.
    2. When we fix the escrnotes.vbs problem, the Notes-DIIOP crawler worked as expected (with the esadmin user).
    3. When we try to configure a Notes-NRPC connection we get error Message "... cannot switch ID ..."
    4. We clear the notes.ini on the program directory of the domino server on ICA
    5. When we configure the Notes-NRPC connection we are using a notes-id for a USER (not the ID for the server to crawl) who is member of a group that has manager access for the database (e.g. LocalDomainAdmins)

Now all works as expected.

Thank you again.
    Till next time.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2012-09-28T14:24:35Z  
    • kossi
    • ‏2012-09-28T14:17:25Z
    Hai Thai,

thanks, now it works as expected. Details see attached pdf

Summary:
    1. The error with the escrnotes.vbs brought a lot of trouble. Especially to verify the connection between Domino on ICA (domino03) and domino02, the server to crawl with notes, we had a configured domino server on the ICA server.
    2. When we fix the escrnotes.vbs problem, the Notes-DIIOP crawler worked as expected (with the esadmin user).
    3. When we try to configure a Notes-NRPC connection we get error Message "... cannot switch ID ..."
    4. We clear the notes.ini on the program directory of the domino server on ICA
    5. When we configure the Notes-NRPC connection we are using a notes-id for a USER (not the ID for the server to crawl) who is member of a group that has manager access for the database (e.g. LocalDomainAdmins)

Now all works as expected.

Thank you again.
    Till next time.
    HI Michael,

I'm glad it's all working out for you ;-)

Cheers,

Thai