ITM 6.2.2 (on AIX)
Agent Builder 6.2.3
I am currently in the process of converting a number of our agents from Universal Agents to their own agents using the Agent Builder but a slight anomaly has come up. When configuring the socket you can either use 0 and a port will be allocated dynamically and written to knn_cps.properties file in /tmp but I want to use fixed ports as it is not possible to use this method. By allocating a port number all seems to be okay but it still allocates this file and does not use the port I have said to use as it still dynamically allocates a port. Interestingly enough the XML and config files show the port I have requested as so does the pop-up panel when selecting Configure... against the agent in the TEP! Interestingly enough this problem does not happen on Windows where the agents were developed.
Also, when building the agent and setting the port, in the Runtime Configuration Details panel, what on earth does the tick box for Required mean as it doesn't seem to be documented?
(Just to add, the variable CDP_DP_ALLOW_REMOTE is set to YES to allow remote connections to the agent.)
Pinned topic Agent Builder and sockets - defining port
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-09-27T08:59:50Z at 2012-09-27T08:59:50Z by swelton
richhock 1100004EHM17 Posts
Re: Agent Builder and sockets - defining port2012-09-25T20:38:23ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.To answer the easy question first, check the required field if the user must enter a value when the agent is configured, or clear this field if entering a value is optional.
I'll contact you offline about getting some trace files to figure out the other.
swelton 100000H73711 Posts
Re: Agent Builder and sockets - defining port2012-09-27T08:59:50ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- richhock 1100004EHM
many thanks for the information. Since the problem we occurred I tried something else...by editing the nn.ini file and adding the cp_port environment variable to it then by re-starting the agent it works. I also think that it is probably a problem with the system where I was testing as I moved the agent to our test system (it was originally on the development system) and it picks up the port defined in the agent with no changes needed. Many thanks for your help, hopefully all the other agents will now work.