Topic
11 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-05T08:15:14Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How I cant set my escalation to be run according to specific calendar?

‏2012-09-25T11:06:17Z |
TSRM 7.2

I have a set of escalations that send email notifications to specific contacts according to the specific condition.
On the escalation points, I have set the Elapsed Time Attribute = STATUSDATE and the Elapsed Time Interval = 2 hours.
how I can configure my escalation to calculate the Elapsed Time based on the working hours?

for example, if working hours are from 9 till 5, then the elapsed time must be calculated according to that interval?

Thanks a lot
Updated on 2012-10-05T08:15:14Z at 2012-10-05T08:15:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How I cant set my escalation to be run according to specific calendar?

‏2012-10-01T08:46:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Any advice?

I'm using maximo 7.2

thanks
  • swkim90049
    swkim90049
    266 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-01T23:04:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Would something like this help you? You can create a calculator within the database and reference that field. I don't know if this is possible, but it something you might want to ask IBM Support (PMR) assuming you have a support contract.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5274208/calculate-business-hours-between-two-dates
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5842 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-04T09:53:38Z  in response to swkim90049
      Thx for the support.

I've managed this by applying SLAs on the ticket and relate it to escalations.

Now, I need my escalation to work for the same ticket (in the same process) each time the condition is valid (without the repeat option)
      In other words, I have a status called RE-OPENED. This status (RE-OPENED) can be applied in the same process for the same ticket more than once. Therefore, I need my escalation to work each time the status is RE-OPENED. It works for the first time ONLY. How to manage it to work every time the condition is valid?

Thank you.
      • maxmix
        maxmix
        83 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-04T11:19:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Rework your Escalation to be based on the TKSTATUS Table/Object instead of the TICKET/whatever object.
        That may require some "in (select..)" joining, however it will yield you the exact event trigger.
        Please remember to also change associated comm.templates as they will need one more relationship to first go to the ticket before displaying its attributes.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          5842 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-04T11:28:07Z  in response to maxmix
          Thank you maxmix for your reply.

I was checking this solution but my concern is that on my escalation points, the Elapsed time attribute needed is the TARGETFINISH, and this cannot be found if the object TKSTATUS is used.

Any workaround for that?

Thanks a lot
          • maxmix
            maxmix
            83 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T06:35:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hi Mario,
            is your escalation point specifying a calendar too?
            If not, you could evaluate the elapsed time via sql which in turn could be an in select on the esc.point level...

Other than that I could only think of less elegant ways... crafting a separate view that merges both the esc.point relevant data w/ticket status specifics...
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              5842 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T06:49:00Z  in response to maxmix
              Hi maxmix,

On my escalation point I cannot use any calendar. It's not available (i am using TSRM 7.2).
              That's why, I have used the SLA application to create an SLA with Target Finish (resolution commitment) in order the calculate working hours according to the Calculation Calendar applied on that SLA.

So can you please elaborate more on how to achieve your suggestions??

Thanks a lot
              • maxmix
                maxmix
                83 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T07:00:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                sure, what db do you use?
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  5842 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T07:03:31Z  in response to maxmix
                  DB2 v9.7
                  • maxmix
                    maxmix
                    83 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T08:00:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                    :( the only one I do not have started anywhere around here...

I found
                    (select tkstatusid from tkstatus ts inner join ticket t on ts.ticketid=t.ticketid and ts.class=t.class here,add the org/site matching to the extent that is relevant for your environment and timestampdiff(1, char(timestamp(t.TARGETFINISH)- timestamp(CURRENT TIMESTAMP))))
                    I got the timestampdiff from here, you may need to inject a different function depending on the unit of "time elapsed" you are looking for. Sorry, I do not have time to detail it more atthemoment.
                    http://www.dbforums.com/db2/907975-datediff-function-equivalent-db2.html
                    • SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      5842 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-05T08:15:14Z  in response to maxmix
                      Thx a lot for the assistance, I'm gona work on it