• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-25T12:32:36Z by TomBanks
Jacek_Laskowski
Jacek_Laskowski
133 Posts

Pinned topic Developer Tools deploys app with dir element doubled in xml file

‏2012-09-25T10:35:39Z |
Hi,

I've developed a web application in Liberty Developer Tools. It was a simple web app and the SimpleWebInEarEAR.ear.xml was as follows:

$ cat usr/servers/sandbox/apps/SimpleWebInEarEAR.ear.xml <?xml version=
"1.0" encoding=
"UTF-8"?> <archive> <archive targetInArchive=
"SimpleWebInEar.war"> <dir sourceOnDisk=
"/Users/jacek/Documents/eclipse-workspace-liberty/SimpleWebInEar/WebContent" targetInArchive=
"/"/> <dir sourceOnDisk=
"/Users/jacek/Documents/eclipse-workspace-liberty/SimpleWebInEar/WebContent/WEB-INF/classes" targetInArchive=
"/WEB-INF/classes"/> </archive> <dir sourceOnDisk=
"/Users/jacek/Documents/eclipse-workspace-liberty/SimpleWebInEarEAR" targetInArchive=
"/"/> </archive>

When I added JSF facet and ran a simple JSF app, the file didn't change. When I added JAX-RS facet, the deployment kicked in and the file changed to be as follows:

$ cat usr/servers/sandbox/apps/SimpleWebInEarEAR.ear.xml <?xml version=
"1.0" encoding=
"UTF-8"?> <archive> <archive targetInArchive=
"SimpleWebInEar.war"> <dir sourceOnDisk=
"/Users/jacek/Documents/eclipse-workspace-liberty/SimpleWebInEar/WebContent" targetInArchive=
"/"/> <dir sourceOnDisk=
"/Users/jacek/Documents/eclipse-workspace-liberty/SimpleWebInEar/WebContent/WEB-INF/classes" targetInArchive=
"/WEB-INF/classes"/> <dir sourceOnDisk=
"/WEB-INF/classes"/> </archive> <dir sourceOnDisk=
"/Users/jacek/Documents/eclipse-workspace-liberty/SimpleWebInEarEAR" targetInArchive=
"/"/> </archive>

I believe the second dir with WEB-INF/classes should not be there.

Jacek
Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt
  • TomBanks
    TomBanks
    13 Posts

Re: Developer Tools deploys app with dir element doubled in xml file

‏2012-09-25T12:32:36Z  
    Hi Jacek,

Thank you for the report on that issue - you are correct that this should not be happening. Fortunately the double entry in the xml will not cause any issues - the Liberty server will detect all duplicate files in the same targetInArchive and will only list each file once internally.

Thanks,
    Tom