Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-04T12:23:45Z by cemal23
keith723
keith723
6 Posts

Pinned topic CICS Explorer Web Start deployment - installation failed

‏2012-09-24T16:39:52Z |
I've went through the process to setup CICS Explorer to be deployed through java web start and when i attempt to execute "javaws.exe http://10.200.222.222/cics/launch.jnlp", I get the error below. The client is running Windows 7 and the Web Server is apache tomcat running under Unix System Services. Any ideas what may be causing this problems?

JNLPException[category: Launch File Error : Exception: null : LaunchDesc:
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://10.200.200.175/cics/">
<information>
<title>CICS Explorer</title>
<vendor>IBM</vendor>
<homepage href="null"/>
<offline-allowed/>
</information>
<security>
<all-permissions/>
</security>
<update check="timeout" policy="always"/>
<resources>
<jar href="http://10.200.200.175/cics/explorer_webstart.jar" download="eager" main="true"/>
<java version="0+">
<resources/>
</java>
</resources>
<installer-desc main-class="Installer"/>
</jnlp> ]
at com.sun.javaws.JnlpxArgs.executeInstallers(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Updated on 2012-10-04T12:23:45Z at 2012-10-04T12:23:45Z by cemal23
  • SteveBolton
    SteveBolton
    18 Posts

Re: CICS Explorer Web Start deployment - installation failed

‏2012-09-25T08:54:21Z  
    Hi Keith

I searched the web for "com.sun.javaws.JnlpxArgs.executeInstallers(Unknown Source)" and found various posts. Some seem to think it is a security problem, others that the web server is not set up for the MIME type, or it is a problem with Java 7.

Can you confirm that explorer_container.win32.x86.jar is available on the web server in the same folder as install.jnlp?
    Is the server configured for the mime type?
    Did the signing and packaging of the files work ok?

Best wishes
    Steve Bolton
  • keith723
    keith723
    6 Posts

‏2012-09-25T11:08:13Z  
    Hi Keith

I searched the web for "com.sun.javaws.JnlpxArgs.executeInstallers(Unknown Source)" and found various posts. Some seem to think it is a security problem, others that the web server is not set up for the MIME type, or it is a problem with Java 7.

Can you confirm that explorer_container.win32.x86.jar is available on the web server in the same folder as install.jnlp?
    Is the server configured for the mime type?
    Did the signing and packaging of the files work ok?

Best wishes
    Steve Bolton
    Steve:

Thank you for the quick response. I was also thinking it may be a security issue but have no evidence to back it up at this point. Let me know if there are any security logs that I could take a look at.

I have the explorer_container.win32.x86.jar in the same directory as install.jnlp, i've included the output of ls for the directory below:

# ls
    explorer_container.win32.x86.jar install.jnlp
    explorer_webstart.jar launch.jnlp

After doing some googling I also came accross some posts about Mime possibly being the problem so I updated the TomCat config file with the parms below with no success:

AddType application/x-java-jnlp-file .jnlp
    AddType application/x-java-archive .jar
    AddType application/x-java-archive-diff .jardiff
    The signing and packaging of the files worked great.
  • SteveBolton
    SteveBolton
    18 Posts

‏2012-09-25T13:49:23Z  
    • keith723
    • ‏2012-09-25T11:08:13Z
    Steve:

Thank you for the quick response. I was also thinking it may be a security issue but have no evidence to back it up at this point. Let me know if there are any security logs that I could take a look at.

I have the explorer_container.win32.x86.jar in the same directory as install.jnlp, i've included the output of ls for the directory below:

# ls
    explorer_container.win32.x86.jar install.jnlp
    explorer_webstart.jar launch.jnlp

After doing some googling I also came accross some posts about Mime possibly being the problem so I updated the TomCat config file with the parms below with no success:

AddType application/x-java-jnlp-file .jnlp
    AddType application/x-java-archive .jar
    AddType application/x-java-archive-diff .jardiff
    The signing and packaging of the files worked great.
    Keith

We don't support debugging of problems getting web start to work, we will support any problems you might have with explorer run using web start however.

As your problem seems to be getting web start to work, I can't really help you further. We have tested explorer run using web start as provided in the article.

This site seems to have a lot of handy hints
    http://lopica.sourceforge.net/faq.html

Best Wishes, Steve.
  • keith723
    keith723
    6 Posts

‏2012-09-25T17:01:11Z  
    Keith

We don't support debugging of problems getting web start to work, we will support any problems you might have with explorer run using web start however.

As your problem seems to be getting web start to work, I can't really help you further. We have tested explorer run using web start as provided in the article.

This site seems to have a lot of handy hints
    http://lopica.sourceforge.net/faq.html

Best Wishes, Steve.
    I've resolved my issue. On the client I'm running windows 7 with java 6, 64 bit. When I run using this version of java it fails everytime, when I pointed to a 32 bit version of java it works fine. I then thought to myself, maybe it's because I ran the BuildWebStart.cmd with 32 bit java 6 SDK, maybe 64 bit java will work if I run the script with a 64 bit SDK. I was wrong, it didn't work.

So far i've only been able to get this to work with java 32 bit on the client so I'm wondering if there is a way to get this to work with 64 bit running on the client? I'd like to get java 64 bit working because our shop has 64 bit installed on all machines by default.

Also, I have another questin and can open another thread if needed. Is there any documentation on how I can customize the workspace and deploy it through web start?
  • cemal23
    cemal23
    14 Posts

‏2012-09-26T13:29:32Z  
    Hello,

I've got similar problem. I installed explorer webstart to the windows server 2008 R2 according to 'Deploy CICS Explorer using Java Web Start' article. I used java sdk 6 for windows 32-bit verison. When i try on my pc:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin>javaws.exe http://tekbsnd1/webstart/cicsexplorer
    launch.jnlp
    i've got 'could not load argument exception(could not load file)' error.

I need your recommendations.

Thanks.
  • keith723
    keith723
    6 Posts

‏2012-09-27T01:16:15Z  
    • cemal23
    • ‏2012-09-26T13:29:32Z
    Hello,

I've got similar problem. I installed explorer webstart to the windows server 2008 R2 according to 'Deploy CICS Explorer using Java Web Start' article. I used java sdk 6 for windows 32-bit verison. When i try on my pc:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin>javaws.exe http://tekbsnd1/webstart/cicsexplorer
    launch.jnlp
    i've got 'could not load argument exception(could not load file)' error.

I need your recommendations.

Thanks.
    Your running java on the client from C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\, is this version of java 64 bit? If so, you are having the same problem I did, I could only get it to work with 32 bit java on the client. If this is windows 7 the 32 bit version of java will be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\, if you've installed it. If you haven't installed it then download it and run the command again but this time point to the 32 bit version, ex. "C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre6\bin>javaws.exe http://tekbsnd1/webstart/cicsexplorer", or wherever you installed the 32 bit version.
  • cemal23
    cemal23
    14 Posts

‏2012-09-27T09:30:32Z  
    • keith723
    • ‏2012-09-27T01:16:15Z
    Your running java on the client from C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\, is this version of java 64 bit? If so, you are having the same problem I did, I could only get it to work with 32 bit java on the client. If this is windows 7 the 32 bit version of java will be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\, if you've installed it. If you haven't installed it then download it and run the command again but this time point to the 32 bit version, ex. "C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre6\bin>javaws.exe http://tekbsnd1/webstart/cicsexplorer", or wherever you installed the 32 bit version.
    My client is win XP running 32 bit java v.6.
    I've fixed that problem by adding .jnlp extention to MIME types on the server. Currently http://tekbsnd1/explorerwebstart/launch.jnlp works fine. However i noticed that it launches the default .cicsexplorer workspace on the other clients instead of the customized .cicsexplorer on the server. I removed SM Administration perspective on the server however it comes up on the client side.

On the clinet I have error messages below

eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_23
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: eclipse.product=com.ibm.cics.explorer.product
    Command-line arguments: eclipse.product=com.ibm.cics.explorer.product -data @user.home/.cicsexplorerjws_workspace
    Error
    Thu Sep 27 12:10:58 EEST 2012
    Provisioning exception

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No repository found at jar:file:/D:/Profiles/CemalCel/.cicsexplorerjws/CICS_Explorer/dropins/explorer_webstart.jar!/.
  • keith723
    keith723
    6 Posts

‏2012-09-28T12:42:49Z  
    • cemal23
    • ‏2012-09-27T09:30:32Z
    I've fixed that problem by adding .jnlp extention to MIME types on the server. Currently http://tekbsnd1/explorerwebstart/launch.jnlp works fine. However i noticed that it launches the default .cicsexplorer workspace on the other clients instead of the customized .cicsexplorer on the server. I removed SM Administration perspective on the server however it comes up on the client side.

eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_23
    Command-line arguments: eclipse.product=com.ibm.cics.explorer.product -data @user.home/.cicsexplorerjws_workspace
    Error
    Provisioning exception

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No repository found at jar:file:/D:/Profiles/CemalCel/.cicsexplorerjws/CICS_Explorer/dropins/explorer_webstart.jar!/.
    The respository errors you are getting sound like you have reposotories setup on your customized CICS explorer that need to be removed before packaging. Open up your CICS Explorer, click help, install new software, click "Available Software Sites", and delete all the software sites. Then repackage and deploy to the client. As for the customization not deploying, I've made some progress on the situation but still not working the way we need. Because this is a seperate issue I'm going to be opening another thread shortly.
  • OFWHMG
    OFWHMG
    27 Posts

‏2012-09-28T14:33:38Z  
    When you say "I removed SM Administration perspective" do you mean that in Windows > Open Perspective > other.. you don't see the SM Administration perspective as a choice? I am interested in doing that also and would like to know how you did it.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2012-10-02T14:51:38Z  
    • cemal23
    • ‏2012-09-27T09:30:32Z

eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_23
    Error
    Provisioning exception

cemal23, I've responded to keith723's question about customising workspaces in a separate thread: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=456993&tstart=0

As things stand, it's not possible. I'm chasing getting the original blog post updated with the source code for the explorer_webstart.jar sample files so that you guys can have a play around with the source for the sample.

Dave
  • cemal23
    cemal23
    14 Posts

‏2012-10-04T12:23:45Z  
    • OFWHMG
    • ‏2012-09-28T14:33:38Z
    When you say "I removed SM Administration perspective" do you mean that in Windows > Open Perspective > other.. you don't see the SM Administration perspective as a choice? I am interested in doing that also and would like to know how you did it.
    No I had just closed SM administration perspecitive in order to make only my new perspective visible to the clients. Then i realized that SM administration perspective is not removable so i decided to customize SM Administration perspective rather then creating new one.