Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-19T06:27:07Z by jgtiojanco
kossi
kossi
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ICA 3.0: Notes NRPC connection doesn't work

‏2012-09-24T15:06:58Z |
I have problems to get a connection to Domino when I try to create a Notes crawler: In the create-crawler-section, after naming the Domino-Server and filling out the path to the Notes-ID (with the right password) and klicking next, I get the error message
FFQD2130E A Notes error occurred while accessing the server. ID: 4371. Error message: NotesException: Can't switch IDs on a server

The connection with an DIIOP-Notes-crawler to the same server with the same user works fine (after fixing the "classpath="-line in crawler_NOTES_interface.ini in %ES_INSTALL_ROOT%\configurations\interfaces), in particular, I have all the expected documents in the search.

Any idea?

The environment:
  • Windows Server 2008 R2, Datacenter, UAC is disabled, esadmin is the ICA-user and he is member of the Administrators group
  • ICA 3.0.1 with WAS (Integrated Solutions Console: 8.0.0.3), administrative security enabled, application security not enabled
  • Domino 8.5.3 FP2, 32 bit (the connection in Domino works fine if I'm starting the application e.g. for replication with the other server, the Domino-service is disabled normally)

Thanks in advance
Michael
Updated on 2012-11-19T06:27:07Z at 2012-11-19T06:27:07Z by jgtiojanco
  • bwchang
    bwchang
    146 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ICA 3.0: Notes NRPC connection doesn't work

‏2012-09-24T20:54:45Z  in response to kossi
    While we are not 100% certain what the cause may be, here is the input from our QA as a suggestion for you to try. Billy.

My guess is that the user is using the wrong ID. The recommended steps are:

1. Install Domino server on ICA crawler/indexer box.
    2. Go to Domino hub and register (add) this new server to be use in the ICA server in the Domino hub.
    3. Go back to ICA and configure Domino server using the registered info (ID location, user/password, etc ..)
    4. Start Domino server so it can replicate with the Domino hub.
    5. Stop Domino server.
    6. Go to ICA's bin directory and execute the script escrnote.vbs.
    7. Restart ICA,
    8. Create Notes crawler using NRPC. Make sure that user use the server ID (location should be under <Domino>\data.
    • kossi
      kossi
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-25T07:28:38Z  in response to bwchang
      Hi Billy.
      Thanks for your reply.

I did all the steps you've described. Especially, if I'm starting the domino server as an application, I'm a "real member of my notes" and can e.g. replicate (with commands from the console) with the other server I'm trying to crawl. So, I'm thinking that "domino allone" works fine on the ICA box.

In step 8 I've used a user-id for a person to configure the crawler.
      Now I've tried to use the server-id, located in the domino data path (as you suggested) - same result, same error message.

On another ICA-Server (ICA 3.0.0 and Domino 8.5.1 - here it works with NRPC) I see only this difference in the notes.ini (other differences for the version and server name of course):
      • KeyFilename_Owner=CN=esadmin/O=ebusiness --> this is the name of the crawling user in the definition of the crawler connection
      On the ICA 3.0.1 and Domino 8.5.3 (here the NRPC crawler doesn't work) we have
      • KeyFilename_Owner=CN=domino03/O=ebusiness --> this is the server name
      Even if I'm changing this values manually to (the user who should crawl)
      • KeyFilename=C:\IBM\Lotus\esadmin.id
      • KeyFilename_Owner=CN=esadmin/O=ebusiness
      and trying to create the crawler I get the same error.

Is it a question of the domino version? An IBM collegue said: no, he uses Domino 8.5.3 too and it works.

Any other ideas?
      Thanks, Michael
  • jgtiojanco
    jgtiojanco
    18 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-15T03:12:56Z  in response to kossi
    I'm encountering a somewhat similar problem when trying to crawl Quickr. It used to work before but now, it gives me an error...

FFQD4096E An error occurred while getting the Notes database list.

I tried creating another crawler just to check if it would work but it gave an error as well...

FFQD2130E A Notes error occurred while accessing the server. ID: 4488. Error message: NotesException: Server access denied.

I went to the Quickr address and logged in using the same credentials. I was able to log in successfully without a problem.

I'm using IBM Content Analytics with Enterprise Search V3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• jase
  • mauriziog
    mauriziog
    28 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-15T08:53:49Z  in response to kossi
    I've experienced similar problem in the past, and was due to a configuration field in the Domino server document that doesn't allow to provide the list of resident databases to the applications requesting for it; depending on the domino version, it can be in different places in the domino server document, but just to give an idea take a look to the attached screenshot. Hope this may help.
    • jgtiojanco
      jgtiojanco
      18 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T08:21:52Z  in response to mauriziog
      Thanks for the tip! The Domino administrator checked and HTTP access is disabled. I'll try crawling again once they've applied the change.
      • bfoyle
        bfoyle
        29 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T17:07:50Z  in response to jgtiojanco
        one other note from development as I was researching this:

Besides the error itself, it's strongly recommended to use DIIOP instead of NRPC in case crawling Quicker contents. Quickr for Domino doesn't support Notes client access, hence NRPC access probably not tested at least by Quickr development. We already know NRPC Quickr crawler cannot get a certain information from Quickr documents and it's due to Quickr's implementation.

so please take that under advisement.

bf
        • jgtiojanco
          jgtiojanco
          18 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T06:27:07Z  in response to bfoyle
          Thanks bf for the tip. Yes, we are using DIIOP instead of NRPC.