Please be informed that the CPM team has just published an update to the Core Protection Module sites. A summary of the content update is available below.
Overview of Content Update
This update resolves several Windows 8 compatibility issues and supports installing CPM endpoints on Windows 8.
Published Site Version
• Trend Micro Core Protection Module site: version 46
• Trend Micro Data Protection site: version 6
• Trend Micro Reporting site: version 33
• Trend Micro Mac Protection Module site: version 19
• Trend Micro Common Firewall site: version 14
1. To deploy CPM to Windows 8, follow client deploy instructions in Administrator's Guide and use the task "Core Protection Module - Endpoint Deploy" to deploy CPM to your endpoints.
- When deploying Core Protection Module to Windows 8 platforms, the installer automatically upgrades incompatible drivers and a warning message may display. Click the “Close” button on the warning dialog to upgrade the drivers.
- For endpoints upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8, Trend Micro recommends uninstalling Core Protection Module before upgrading to Windows 8. Re-install Core Protection Module after the Windows 8 upgrade completes.