• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-25T13:20:33Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1245 Posts

Pinned topic Tools for creating pmml file

‏2012-09-24T11:28:03Z |
Hi Every One ,

I am beginner to streams.I am verifying Mining toolkit documentation.I have felt difficult to
create pmml file.Is there is any tools for creating pmml files or we have to create on our own.

Thanks & Regards,
Sivaramaprasad.G
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts

Re: Tools for creating pmml file

‏2012-09-24T13:43:59Z  
    Hi,
    Scoring mining models in Streams is actually one of the more advanced scenarios we've seen and really requires that you have some one with experience in Data Mining. Since you've mentioned you are new to Streams perhaps you could describe a bit what you are actually trying to accomplish so I could help understand whether scoring mining models is the best approach for your problem.

If you are sure you want to go down the modeling and scoring path, then will need historical data to build the mining models using either the SPSS Modeling product to produce the models and the scoring operators that is in their C&DS product, or if your historical data is in IBM InfoSphere Warehouse you can use the Warehouse product to produce the models. Here's a couple of links to the Warehouse modeling summary, Sorry I haven't found any nice step by step or tutorial that walks you through doing this. http://www.ibm.com/software/data/infosphere/warehouse/mining.html and http://www.ibm.com/software/data/infosphere/warehouse/mining-models.html

There are some developer works articles related to Scoring using SPSS that you might find helpful. They show how to write an use scoring operators but those operators are now part of the SPSS product. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/tutorials/dm-1109spssscoringinfospherestreams1/index.html
  • kjerick
    kjerick
    227 Posts

‏2012-09-24T13:59:35Z  
    Hi Sivaramaprasad.G,

Most of the time, another good place to go when wanting to learn something is Wikipedia, although sometimes the information there needs to be taken with a grain of salt. However, the overview information on PMML presented there is not too bad (PMML on Wikipedia). And, down toward the bottom of the article is a list of products, many of which help generate PMML, including a couple of IBM SPSS products (IBM SPPS Modeler) and (IBM SPSS Statistics). Hope this information helps.

Best regards,
    Kevin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts

‏2012-09-25T13:20:33Z  
    • kjerick
    • ‏2012-09-24T13:59:35Z
    Hi Sivaramaprasad.G,

Most of the time, another good place to go when wanting to learn something is Wikipedia, although sometimes the information there needs to be taken with a grain of salt. However, the overview information on PMML presented there is not too bad (PMML on Wikipedia). And, down toward the bottom of the article is a list of products, many of which help generate PMML, including a couple of IBM SPSS products (IBM SPPS Modeler) and (IBM SPSS Statistics). Hope this information helps.

Best regards,
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin,
    Thanks alot
    regards,
    Sivaramaprasad.g