• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-29T07:28:19Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3556 Posts

Pinned topic Issue in using hmailserver from wpsv6.2

‏2012-09-22T15:24:59Z |
Hi ,

I m developing first time email outbound adapter in wps and having issue while connecting wps from hmailserver.I am getting the authentication failure .The error is somewhat :-"hostname or port is invalid".
I have given hostname as "localhost" both on hmail server and in email adapter and using the port 25.I tried using 465 but still the same error persist.

Please let me know is there any settings which we have to do in wps admin console for setting up smtp server other than jndi name and message session.How can I test my application on localhost using hmail server .
Please help...It's urgent......
  • mmalc
    mmalc
    231 Posts

Re: Issue in using hmailserver from wpsv6.2

‏2012-10-07T07:02:41Z  
    Other than the obvious, re-check your configuration. Try using the correct hostname rather than localhost and see if that works. Also, not sure in this instance, but make sure that the error is not being just masking the real error. Can you connect to it from some other mail client such as Thunderbird?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3556 Posts

‏2012-10-29T07:27:25Z  
    • mmalc
    • ‏2012-10-07T07:02:41Z
    Other than the obvious, re-check your configuration. Try using the correct hostname rather than localhost and see if that works. Also, not sure in this instance, but make sure that the error is not being just masking the real error. Can you connect to it from some other mail client such as Thunderbird?
    Hi,
    This issue is resolved.I deleted the adapter and configured a new one and that stared working..

Thanks for the reply!!!!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3556 Posts

‏2012-10-29T07:28:19Z  
    The issue is resolved...Thanks for the reply!!!