Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-01T07:14:33Z by BPMA
JacobMEdelman
JacobMEdelman
19 Posts

Pinned topic CoachDesginer XSL dojo Please Wait

‏2012-09-21T20:07:19Z |
Has anyone built a processApp wide "loading, please wait" dojo nonmodal popup to lock the screen whenever coaches navigate on events?
Updated on 2012-12-17T22:16:43Z at 2012-12-17T22:16:43Z by SystemAdmin
  • laxmi87
    laxmi87
    72 Posts

Re: CoachDesginer XSL dojo Please Wait

‏2012-09-22T07:09:57Z  
    Hi jacob,

which version are you using. And i had code in javascript with loading icon. which you need to add in coach designer file. It will hide once coach is loaded fully.

Thanks,
    Laxmi.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-12-12T19:32:38Z  
    • laxmi87
    • ‏2012-09-22T07:09:57Z
    Hi jacob,

which version are you using. And i had code in javascript with loading icon. which you need to add in coach designer file. It will hide once coach is loaded fully.

Thanks,
    Laxmi.
    Hi Laxmi,

Can you provide me the details. We are on BPM 8 but the coaches were built on 7.5.0.1
    We are using custom XSL file.

Thanks,
    Yateen
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2012-12-12T21:10:18Z  
    Hi Laxmi,

Can you provide me the details. We are on BPM 8 but the coaches were built on 7.5.0.1

Thanks,
    Yateen
    I created something similar just the other day for a project ... but it was for the BPM v8 Coach View technology. I found this awesome pre-made widget provided with the Dojo Toolkit:

http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.8/dojox/widget/Standby.html

Neil
  • NaveenBhardwaj08
    NaveenBhardwaj08
    55 Posts

‏2012-12-13T05:34:16Z  
    Hi Laxmi,

Thanks,
    Yateen
    For coaches built in 7.5.0.1

The below link should help.
    http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/commwiki/Please+Wait+modal+message+in+coach
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-12-13T16:58:04Z  
    For coaches built in 7.5.0.1

The below link should help.
    http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/commwiki/Please+Wait+modal+message+in+coach
    Hi Naveen,
    Thanks for the response. I guess this was already tried out. It works fine when user has performed an action on the coach (like clicking on the submit button).
    We are kind of facing an issue when the user actually clicks on the URL(coach exposed as URL) to open the submission form. It takes lot of time to load the coach and business wants a 'Page is loading' message for the wait period.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Yateen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-12-17T22:16:43Z  
    Hi Naveen,
    Thanks for the response. I guess this was already tried out. It works fine when user has performed an action on the coach (like clicking on the submit button).
    We are kind of facing an issue when the user actually clicks on the URL(coach exposed as URL) to open the submission form. It takes lot of time to load the coach and business wants a 'Page is loading' message for the wait period.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Yateen
    So, if the problem is that when the user first runs the task you have a bunch of things the task needs to do to get to the point of rendering the first coach, then you have a few options.

1. Evaluate the things you are doing before getting to the UI. Are they really things that have to be executed right when the user clicks the link, or are they items where "stale" data is not a concern. If stale data is not a concern, put those items in a system task and have it return the data that you then pass into the UI service, thus eliminating the wait.
    2. If you need "fresh" data, then think about creating your own utlitiy "Please Wait" screen. A utility service a while back that takes 3 arguments - the title, sub title, and details for display of a please wait. I used these as the Title, section name, and custom HTML of a coach that had a hidden button. I then had a JS that would click the hidden button. Put this as the first step in your task and then for each task you can have it display some meaningful context for the wait to the user like "Please Wait" "We are getting the details for your UI". "The HR process is loading the personell records and compenstation details from the HR database."
    Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • BPMA
    BPMA
    41 Posts

‏2014-04-01T07:14:33Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2012-12-12T21:10:18Z
    I created something similar just the other day for a project ... but it was for the BPM v8 Coach View technology. I found this awesome pre-made widget provided with the Dojo Toolkit:

http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.8/dojox/widget/Standby.html

Neil

If i have to show some image.gif in my coach view. How can i use the gif.. can you please suggest?