Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-01T08:19:56Z by C9WX_Benoit_Monjanel
C9WX_Benoit_Monjanel
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic 8.5 Trial in Websphere Application Server Network Deployment

‏2012-09-21T13:53:54Z |
Hello everyone,

I am kind of stuck since a few days now. I am trying to get Extreme Scale v 8.5 trial running in my Websphere Application Server ND 8.5 to test parallel batch and data grid together. I download the standalone version of Extreme Scale and I dont know how to do to integrate it to WAS. I can't install it with Installation Manager. I also tried to augment WAS profiles but the option is disabled (gray unclickable button). Do you have any suggestion ?
Updated on 2012-10-01T08:19:56Z at 2012-10-01T08:19:56Z by C9WX_Benoit_Monjanel
  • lisaw
    lisaw
    101 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: 8.5 Trial in Websphere Application Server Network Deployment

‏2012-09-24T18:30:43Z  in response to C9WX_Benoit_Monjanel
    So you have WAS v8.5, and you are trying to install eXtreme Scale v8.5 trial from this page - Make sure you are downloading the trial and not the Liberty Profile.

Next, if you want to use eXtreme Scale standalone, that is fine, but you will need to install at least an eXtreme Scale client on top of your WebSphere ND install when you deploy applications to talk with the grid. If you want to integrate using eXtreme Scale with WAS ND, pick to install "IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server v8" in the installation manager. That will allow you to be able to augment your WAS profiles to use the eXtreme Scale capabilities.

Check out the infocenter for more help on installing with Installation Manager

• Lisa

Websphere eXtreme Scale Development
    • C9WX_Benoit_Monjanel
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: 8.5 Trial in Websphere Application Server Network Deployment

‏2012-10-01T08:19:56Z  in response to lisaw
      I finally managed to install the XS 8.6 beta version and augment my WASND profiles. I am following the ITSO example from : http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG247683/wwhelp/wwhimpl/java/html/wwhelp.htm and everything seems to be ok until I get th following error while trying to load the database into the grid :

Running Requested Items

appServer1 - 1 octobre 2012 10:21:22 CEST - Error connecting to ObjectGrid. The catalog server did not contain an ObjectGridDeployment matching the name ITSOGrid

appServer1 - 1 octobre 2012 10:21:22 CEST - Loading DB2openJPA database with: 10 Owners : 10 Personal Accounts :

Successfully cleared and loaded the database.