Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-24T10:22:21Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2233 Posts

Pinned topic How can I run WAS CE using the java command?

‏2012-09-21T11:31:59Z |
I have downloaded Websphere Application Community Edition version 2.1.1.5 and have successfully installed it on my Windows XP laptop. However, I need to be able to launch it by using a simple java command from the command line. I was previously able to launch Geronimo version 1.1.1 with the command "java -jar bin/server.jar" but this does not work with the newer version.

Here is the error I am seeing when I try to run the "java -jar bin/server.jar" on the newer version of WAS CE. It fails after having successfully loaded 39% of the server:

NameService Incorrect level of org.omg.CORBA classes found.
Likely cause is an incorrect java.endorsed.dirs configuration
2012-09-20 13:37:39,250 ERROR GBeanInstanceState Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.1.7/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.1.7/car,j2eeType=CORBANameService,name=NameServer"
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: CORBA usage requires Yoko CORBA spec classes in java.endorsed.dirs classpath
at org.apache.geronimo.corba.NameService.doStart(NameService.java:168)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:998)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:272)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:106)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:541)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.attemptFullStart(GBeanDependency.java:111)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.addTarget(GBeanDependency.java:146)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency$1.running(GBeanDependency.java:120)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:176)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.access$300(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:44)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBroadcaster.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:254)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:310)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:106)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:128)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:555)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:456)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:188)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:562)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:832)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$d643f256.startConfiguration(<generated>)
at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.doStartup(EmbeddedDaemon.java:208)
at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.execute(EmbeddedDaemon.java:91)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
Caused by:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/omg/PortableInterceptor/IORInterceptor_3_0.adapter_manager_state_changed(Ljava/lang/String;S)V
at org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.PIManager.adapterManagerStateChange(PIManager.java:532)
at org.apache.yoko.orb.OBPortableServer.POAManager_impl.activate(POAManager_impl.java:221)
at org.apache.yoko.orb.CosNaming.tnaming.TransientNameService.initialize(TransientNameService.java:131)
at org.apache.geronimo.yoko.ORBConfigAdapter$1.run(ORBConfigAdapter.java:188)
at org.apache.geronimo.yoko.ORBConfigAdapter.createNameService(ORBConfigAdapter.java:191)
at org.apache.geronimo.corba.NameService.doStart(NameService.java:164)
... 33 more

Does anyone know how I can get around this problem and launch WAS CE from the command line using the JAVA command.

I've attached the full exception details.

Thanks.
Regards, Guy
Updated on 2012-09-24T10:22:21Z at 2012-09-24T10:22:21Z by SystemAdmin
  • X75J_Li_Yanli
    X75J_Li_Yanli
    45 Posts

Re: How can I run WAS CE using the java command?

‏2012-09-24T06:46:54Z  
    Hello,

you can start it by using command:
    <wasce_home>\bin\geronimo.bat run -l or
    <wasce_home>\bin\startup.bat
  • X75J_Li_Yanli
    X75J_Li_Yanli
    45 Posts

‏2012-09-24T06:48:34Z  
    Please take the doc below as a reference:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/V2.1.1/en/quick-start.html
  • X75J_Li_Yanli
    X75J_Li_Yanli
    45 Posts

‏2012-09-24T09:12:52Z  
    Hello,

you can try to add: echo %_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS% %GERONIMO_OPTS% %JAVA_AGENT_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%GERONIMO_HOME%\lib\endorsed;%JRE_HOME%\lib\endorsed" -Djava.ext.dirs="%GERONIMO_HOME%\lib\ext;%JRE_HOME%\lib\ext" -Dorg.apache.geronimo.home.dir="%GERONIMO_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%GERONIMO_TMPDIR%" -jar %_JARFILE% %_LONG_OPT% %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

to geronimo.bat under :doRun tag, then start the server using command:
    <wasce_home>\bin> geronimo.bat run
    to get the real command.

Then shutdown the sever and execute the real command that you get, then server will be started successfully.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2233 Posts

‏2012-09-24T10:22:21Z  
    Hello,

you can try to add: echo %_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS% %GERONIMO_OPTS% %JAVA_AGENT_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%GERONIMO_HOME%\lib\endorsed;%JRE_HOME%\lib\endorsed" -Djava.ext.dirs="%GERONIMO_HOME%\lib\ext;%JRE_HOME%\lib\ext" -Dorg.apache.geronimo.home.dir="%GERONIMO_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%GERONIMO_TMPDIR%" -jar %_JARFILE% %_LONG_OPT% %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

to geronimo.bat under :doRun tag, then start the server using command:
    <wasce_home>\bin> geronimo.bat run
    to get the real command.

Then shutdown the sever and execute the real command that you get, then server will be started successfully.
    Hi there. Thank you very much indeed for the last post - it has resolved my problem. I added the ECHO command to the Geronimo.bat file and ran the batch file as instructed. This provided me with the full-blown java command, which I have subsequently tried as a stand-alone command. This had the desired effect and started all the WAS CE services from the command line.