Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-24T10:22:21Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2233 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How can I run WAS CE using the java command?

‏2012-09-21T11:31:59Z |
I have downloaded Websphere Application Community Edition version 2.1.1.5 and have successfully installed it on my Windows XP laptop. However, I need to be able to launch it by using a simple java command from the command line. I was previously able to launch Geronimo version 1.1.1 with the command "java -jar bin/server.jar" but this does not work with the newer version.

Here is the error I am seeing when I try to run the "java -jar bin/server.jar" on the newer version of WAS CE. It fails after having successfully loaded 39% of the server:

NameService Incorrect level of org.omg.CORBA classes found.
Likely cause is an incorrect java.endorsed.dirs configuration
2012-09-20 13:37:39,250 ERROR GBeanInstanceState Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.1.7/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.1.7/car,j2eeType=CORBANameService,name=NameServer"
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: CORBA usage requires Yoko CORBA spec classes in java.endorsed.dirs classpath
at org.apache.geronimo.corba.NameService.doStart(NameService.java:168)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:998)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:272)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:106)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:541)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.attemptFullStart(GBeanDependency.java:111)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency.addTarget(GBeanDependency.java:146)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanDependency$1.running(GBeanDependency.java:120)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:176)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor.access$300(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:44)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor$RawLifecycleBroadcaster.fireRunningEvent(BasicLifecycleMonitor.java:254)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:310)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:106)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(GBeanInstanceState.java:128)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanInstance.java:555)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(BasicKernel.java:379)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:456)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:188)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:562)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:832)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.EditableConfigurationManager$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$d643f256.startConfiguration(<generated>)
at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.doStartup(EmbeddedDaemon.java:208)
at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.execute(EmbeddedDaemon.java:91)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:30)
Caused by:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/omg/PortableInterceptor/IORInterceptor_3_0.adapter_manager_state_changed(Ljava/lang/String;S)V
at org.apache.yoko.orb.OB.PIManager.adapterManagerStateChange(PIManager.java:532)
at org.apache.yoko.orb.OBPortableServer.POAManager_impl.activate(POAManager_impl.java:221)
at org.apache.yoko.orb.CosNaming.tnaming.TransientNameService.initialize(TransientNameService.java:131)
at org.apache.geronimo.yoko.ORBConfigAdapter$1.run(ORBConfigAdapter.java:188)
at org.apache.geronimo.yoko.ORBConfigAdapter.createNameService(ORBConfigAdapter.java:191)
at org.apache.geronimo.corba.NameService.doStart(NameService.java:164)
... 33 more

Does anyone know how I can get around this problem and launch WAS CE from the command line using the JAVA command.

I've attached the full exception details.

Thanks.
Regards, Guy
Updated on 2012-09-24T10:22:21Z at 2012-09-24T10:22:21Z by SystemAdmin
  • X75J_Li_Yanli
    X75J_Li_Yanli
    45 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How can I run WAS CE using the java command?

‏2012-09-24T06:46:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello,

you can start it by using command:
    <wasce_home>\bin\geronimo.bat run -l or
    <wasce_home>\bin\startup.bat
  • X75J_Li_Yanli
    X75J_Li_Yanli
    45 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-24T06:48:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Please take the doc below as a reference:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/V2.1.1/en/quick-start.html
  • X75J_Li_Yanli
    X75J_Li_Yanli
    45 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-24T09:12:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello,

you can try to add: echo %_EXECJAVA% %JAVA_OPTS% %GERONIMO_OPTS% %JAVA_AGENT_OPTS% -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%GERONIMO_HOME%\lib\endorsed;%JRE_HOME%\lib\endorsed" -Djava.ext.dirs="%GERONIMO_HOME%\lib\ext;%JRE_HOME%\lib\ext" -Dorg.apache.geronimo.home.dir="%GERONIMO_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%GERONIMO_TMPDIR%" -jar %_JARFILE% %_LONG_OPT% %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

to geronimo.bat under :doRun tag, then start the server using command:
    <wasce_home>\bin> geronimo.bat run
    to get the real command.

Then shutdown the sever and execute the real command that you get, then server will be started successfully.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2233 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-24T10:22:21Z  in response to X75J_Li_Yanli
      Hi there. Thank you very much indeed for the last post - it has resolved my problem. I added the ECHO command to the Geronimo.bat file and ran the batch file as instructed. This provided me with the full-blown java command, which I have subsequently tried as a stand-alone command. This had the desired effect and started all the WAS CE services from the command line.