Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-25T08:25:22Z by XAA
XAA
XAA
25 Posts

Pinned topic How to display server side displays automatically.

‏2012-09-20T08:04:15Z |
Hi,
I am developing in a HATS 8.5 scenario, and I would like to know how to display an application page that is server side. For example, when 5250 application shows some automatic displays when a process is finished. HATS doesn't notice them until the client side update or refresh the application. Any idea how to refresh client side automatically in order to show this server side displays? I have already activate client-AJAX but with not succeed.
Thanks,
XA
Updated on 2012-09-25T08:25:22Z at 2012-09-25T08:25:22Z by XAA
  • tmparker
    tmparker
    519 Posts

Re: How to display server side displays automatically.

‏2012-09-24T13:12:04Z  
    The only way is to use the AJAX auto refresh feature. I am not sure how you application is setup or what you are doing so it is hard to say why it is not working for you. The only thing I can say is that if the user makes any changes to the HATS page then we will not automatically update the client page should there be a change on the host. This is to prevent the user from losing data they entered before the update occurred. Besides that there should be no reason the updated screen would not get sent to the client side.

Thanks
    Tim
  • XAA
    XAA
    25 Posts

Re: How to display server side displays automatically.

‏2012-09-25T08:25:22Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2012-09-24T13:12:04Z
    The only way is to use the AJAX auto refresh feature. I am not sure how you application is setup or what you are doing so it is hard to say why it is not working for you. The only thing I can say is that if the user makes any changes to the HATS page then we will not automatically update the client page should there be a change on the host. This is to prevent the user from losing data they entered before the update occurred. Besides that there should be no reason the updated screen would not get sent to the client side.

Thanks
    Tim
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have solved the problem with the AJAX auto refresh feature, but adding a meta tag in the HATS page in order to refreshing it. It works, but as you said, it should be only necesary the AJAX refresh feature. Maybe I've had a problem with the cache.

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="2" />
    <meta http-equiv="CACHE-CONTROL" content="NO-CACHE">

Thanks
    XA