Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-20T08:53:38Z by vipirailo
vipirailo
vipirailo
63 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Dynamic filtering in websheet and subset using MDX

‏2012-09-20T05:15:19Z |
Hi, all
I need to build websheet with dynamic rows. I have the cube Users with dims Staff and Settings. My problem is to develop Active form having Staff members in rows filtered by enable_flag='Y' of Settings dim.
I'm interested in two possible ways i can see: dynamic subset and MDX param of TM1RPTROW

Pls, suggest me some resource where i can have a read of MDX function and constructions supported by TM1 with definitions and examples
Updated on 2012-09-20T08:53:38Z at 2012-09-20T08:53:38Z by vipirailo
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Dynamic filtering in websheet and subset using MDX

‏2012-09-20T05:36:34Z  in response to vipirailo
    Hi vipirailo,

Chapter 4 of the TM1 10.1 User Guide discusses how to create dynamic subsets and Chapter 8 of the TM1 10.1 Reference Guide lists the supported MDX functions.

In the Subset Editor you can record an expression and this will automatically build the MDX query for you and that can then be attached to the subset.

If you want to learn more about MDX as it applies to TM1 then the following (non IBM) site might help:
    http://www.bihints.com/book/export/html/68

Hope this helps.

Rod
  • vipirailo
    vipirailo
    63 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Dynamic filtering in websheet and subset using MDX

‏2012-09-20T08:53:38Z  in response to vipirailo
    Hi, Rod and thanks again.
    Unfortunately, TM1 guides don't have detailed descriptions for MDX function or some examples that can be applied in my case.
    But your last link was very and very useful to start my path with. I've found all i need there and below sentense works well for me:

{ FILTER( 
    {TM1SUBSETALL( [Staff] )
    }, [@users].([@Settings].[enable_flag]) = 'Y' ) 
    }