I have the following queries on screen combination
1) Can the Navigation have custom action ? My screen's page up and page down is done through page numbers rather than any single key. Is there any other way to use screen combination for such a case ?
2) I understand that the table constructed can be edited like the original screen and updates feed back to the mainframe screen. Can screen combination allow new records too ? Or will this have to be done via java script ?
3) Can multiple regions be chosen for table display in screen combination ?
george.baker 270001YCQD338 Posts
Re: Screen combination questions..2012-10-02T18:56:08ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.1. No, you must use the options available via the Wizard
2. You are only allowed to perform the functions on the screen. For example, if to add a new record you press a FKey, e.g. F5, then pressing an F5 should invoke that function, but I suspect it will happen on the last page of the screen combination. Bottom line I do not believe you can do what you want.
3. I believe the answer to this too is no.
To me the screen combination is of little use. Let's examine the following scenario.
- you collect 5 screens of data
- you wish to operate on 2 of the items.
- you select the first option. The screen combination will take you to the screen to allow you to operate on that item.
- at that point you have exited the screen combination. To edit the second item you must either navigate to that item, or go back through the screen combination event again.
- if your screen combination event includes many pages, then you are creating a lot of work to find a single item.
- If your combination event contains a lot of pages, say > 10, then your are truly wasting a lot of cycles for little gain.