Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-11T11:11:57Z by RSai
RSai
RSai
12 Posts

Pinned topic Screen combination questions..

‏2012-09-20T04:38:59Z |
Hi

I have the following queries on screen combination

1) Can the Navigation have custom action ? My screen's page up and page down is done through page numbers rather than any single key. Is there any other way to use screen combination for such a case ?

2) I understand that the table constructed can be edited like the original screen and updates feed back to the mainframe screen. Can screen combination allow new records too ? Or will this have to be done via java script ?

3) Can multiple regions be chosen for table display in screen combination ?

Thanks
Sairam
Updated on 2012-10-11T11:11:57Z at 2012-10-11T11:11:57Z by RSai
  • george.baker
    george.baker
    338 Posts

Re: Screen combination questions..

‏2012-10-02T18:56:08Z  
    1. No, you must use the options available via the Wizard
    2. You are only allowed to perform the functions on the screen. For example, if to add a new record you press a FKey, e.g. F5, then pressing an F5 should invoke that function, but I suspect it will happen on the last page of the screen combination. Bottom line I do not believe you can do what you want.
    3. I believe the answer to this too is no.

To me the screen combination is of little use. Let's examine the following scenario.
    • you collect 5 screens of data
    • you wish to operate on 2 of the items.
    • you select the first option. The screen combination will take you to the screen to allow you to operate on that item.
    • at that point you have exited the screen combination. To edit the second item you must either navigate to that item, or go back through the screen combination event again.
    • if your screen combination event includes many pages, then you are creating a lot of work to find a single item.
    • If your combination event contains a lot of pages, say > 10, then your are truly wasting a lot of cycles for little gain.
  • RSai
    RSai
    12 Posts

Re: Screen combination questions..

‏2012-10-11T11:11:57Z  
    1. No, you must use the options available via the Wizard
    2. You are only allowed to perform the functions on the screen. For example, if to add a new record you press a FKey, e.g. F5, then pressing an F5 should invoke that function, but I suspect it will happen on the last page of the screen combination. Bottom line I do not believe you can do what you want.
    3. I believe the answer to this too is no.

To me the screen combination is of little use. Let's examine the following scenario.
    • you collect 5 screens of data
    • you wish to operate on 2 of the items.
    • you select the first option. The screen combination will take you to the screen to allow you to operate on that item.
    • at that point you have exited the screen combination. To edit the second item you must either navigate to that item, or go back through the screen combination event again.
    • if your screen combination event includes many pages, then you are creating a lot of work to find a single item.
    • If your combination event contains a lot of pages, say > 10, then your are truly wasting a lot of cycles for little gain.
    Thanks for the reply !!